Re: Why does csheetROG_combined print so slow?

  • smirle4498@home.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., "Chagaris, David (N-Ensco)" <david.chagaris@l...>
      wrote:
      > I'm using the IE 6.0 beta on Windows 2000 Professional.
      > I've got a PIII 700e overclocked to around 900 MHZ.
      > I've got 384 MB of RAM.
      > I've got an HP 933 printer.
      >
      > I wonder if it has to do with the browser.

      That would be my first guess; IE5.5 prints it out just fine, nice and
      quick on my Epson 640 Inkjet on an Athalon T-BIRD 900MHz, 384MB,
      Win2k Pro. Very similar to your setup, actually, except for my cheap
      ass printer. What else are you running in the background (any printer
      managmenet software, etc?) is it on a parallel port? if so, have
      you "daisy chained" it with any other devices?
      Barring obvious interference from another program or device, my first
      instinct would be to blame the beta IE you got there. Might wanna
      make a bug-report to Micro$oft.
    • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
        >I'm using the IE 6.0 beta on Windows 2000 Professional.
        >I've got a PIII 700e overclocked to around 900 MHZ.
        >I've got 384 MB of RAM.
        >I've got an HP 933 printer.

        Well, I'm running Windows XP RC1 which also has IE6 and it prints fine on
        both the home and work machines and t prints just fine.

        But out of those listed, I think it would have to be IE or the printer :-)

        -ROG