Why does csheetROG_combined print so slow?

  • david.chagaris@lmco.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2001
      I love this character sheet. The problem is it takes me over 1/2
      hour to print it out. Trust me, it isn't my computer. What gives?

      Regards,
      Dave Chagaris
    • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 31, 2001
        Trust me, it's fast on my machine :-P

        Just kidding... Uh, no I'm not... It does print quickly :-)

        What operating system, browser, printer and machines specs have you
        got?

        It prints quickly on my home Canon Inkjet, and on my work HP
        LaserJet.

        I think it must have something to do with your configuration.

        -ROG

        --- In pcgen@y..., david.chagaris@l... wrote:
        > I love this character sheet. The problem is it takes me over 1/2
        > hour to print it out. Trust me, it isn't my computer. What gives?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Dave Chagaris
      • Shawn
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 31, 2001
          Prints great on my two machines as well, HP Lajerjet 2100 and HP Deskjet
          660Cse.

          Just kidding... Uh, no I'm not... It does print quickly :-)

          What operating system, browser, printer and machines specs have you
          got?

          It prints quickly on my home Canon Inkjet, and on my work HP
          LaserJet.

          I think it must have something to do with your configuration.

          -ROG

          --- In pcgen@y..., david.chagaris@l... wrote:
          > I love this character sheet. The problem is it takes me over 1/2
          > hour to print it out. Trust me, it isn't my computer. What gives?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Dave Chagaris

        • Ralf Cornelius
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 31, 2001
            david.chagaris@... wrote:

            > I love this character sheet. The problem is it takes me over 1/2
            > hour to print it out. Trust me, it isn't my computer. What gives?

            Hmm ... it prints fast on my old HP 550C Printer
            (attached to a Celeron 466 under W98).

            Mabe it has something to do with the settings for print quality of your
            printer? If I set mine to high qual. hig res. it would take a long time
            to print ...
            If it is something in this line, you can set those option manually.

            Ralf

            --
            A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history.
          • Chagaris, David (N-Ensco)
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
              I'm using the IE 6.0 beta on Windows 2000 Professional.
              I've got a PIII 700e overclocked to around 900 MHZ.
              I've got 384 MB of RAM.
              I've got an HP 933 printer.

              I wonder if it has to do with the browser.
              David Chagaris
              Software Engineer
              ISS Division, Ensco, Inc
              Currently assigned to LMSI - Owego
              Office: 607-751-4961

            • smirle4498@home.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
                --- In pcgen@y..., "Chagaris, David (N-Ensco)" <david.chagaris@l...>
                wrote:
                > I'm using the IE 6.0 beta on Windows 2000 Professional.
                > I've got a PIII 700e overclocked to around 900 MHZ.
                > I've got 384 MB of RAM.
                > I've got an HP 933 printer.
                >
                > I wonder if it has to do with the browser.

                That would be my first guess; IE5.5 prints it out just fine, nice and
                quick on my Epson 640 Inkjet on an Athalon T-BIRD 900MHz, 384MB,
                Win2k Pro. Very similar to your setup, actually, except for my cheap
                ass printer. What else are you running in the background (any printer
                managmenet software, etc?) is it on a parallel port? if so, have
                you "daisy chained" it with any other devices?
                Barring obvious interference from another program or device, my first
                instinct would be to blame the beta IE you got there. Might wanna
                make a bug-report to Micro$oft.
              • Richard O'Doherty-Gregg
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
                  >I'm using the IE 6.0 beta on Windows 2000 Professional.
                  >I've got a PIII 700e overclocked to around 900 MHZ.
                  >I've got 384 MB of RAM.
                  >I've got an HP 933 printer.

                  Well, I'm running Windows XP RC1 which also has IE6 and it prints fine on
                  both the home and work machines and t prints just fine.

                  But out of those listed, I think it would have to be IE or the printer :-)

                  -ROG