Feature Request (Magic of Faerun support)

  • rabrhe@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31 4:38 PM
      The Incantrix becomes specialized in Abjuration. Specifically, an
      incantrrix gets the benefits of specialization in a school of magic
      (whatever her base class), and, like a Red Wizard's Enhanced
      Specialization, then loses further access to an opposition school or
      schools without losing currently known spells.

      So I need a way for a prestige class to give all specialization
      benefits for a predetermined school to characters of any spellcasting
      class. And I need the Red Wizard Enhanced Specialization supported.
    • mynex2k1@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31 7:05 PM
        I believe that something similiar to this has come up before, but I
        can't remember off the top of my head...

        Has this been addressed before?

        Bryan, if not, should I enter it in exactly as is? Or do we need
        more specifac terms on how this works?

        Mynex

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31 8:34 PM
          --- In pcgen@y..., mynex2k1@y... wrote:

          > I believe that something similiar to this has come up before, but I
          > can't remember off the top of my head...
          >
          > Has this been addressed before?

          Sorta. I conflated the Red Wizard enhanced specialization with the
          Bloodwitch (431166), but they really aren't the same thing. They way
          I'd phrase it is:

          "The ability for a (prestige) class to expand the prohibited schools
          list for any or all classes the character already has, without
          removing access to spells already known by the character from the
          newly prohibited school."

          The second, which is really a separate request, is:

          "A way for a prestige class to give all specialization benefits for a
          predetermined school to any or all of a character's other classes"