Re: [Bug Report] various issues

  • rabrhe@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2001
      --- In pcgen@y..., creeping_doom_@h... wrote:
      > okay, I'm not sure if these ones are known or not.
      >
      > 1) When the shadowmagic feat is selected there should be a -2 penalty
      > to wisdom.

      No, there shouldn't, because there is no way to indicate whether or
      not the character in question has a unbroken pact with Shar. Whether
      you have such a pact is determined in play, not in feat selection;
      like other in-play changes to an ability score, it is correctly
      handled by lowering the ability yourself and zeroing the pool.

      (No, patron deity doesn't work for it; see the new Magic of Faerun, p.
      7, where it indicates you can simultaneously have the deal with Shar
      and another patron.)

      > 2)When creating a red wizard one of the new abilities is improved
      > specialization. This ability doesn't give you anything special but
      > it does take something away. The red wizard is supposed to give up
      > one additional school of magic. The program does not take away this
      > extra school.

      This is a known bug, mentioned both on the Sourceforge site and in the
      bugs.txt in your fr\ subfolder.

      > 3)I noticed this for the deep gnome and didn't check other races
      > but it didn't look like there was a level adjustment for this race
      > and there should be a level adjustment for them.

      It does have this in the frrace.lst file. Look at your XP total when
      you take a level in a class with a level-adjusted race, and you will
      see how PCGen handles this automatically.