Re: [pcgen] Re: Noted issues

  • Thomas Clegg
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 31, 2001
      > As far as I know, you add Strength + Base Attack + Unarmed Attack +
      > Weapon Focus Feat (if You have it)

      For a Monk, you use either the Base Attack, or the Unarmed Attack and then
      add to it.

      therefore, the +6/+3 would be the one to use for Unarmed

      Base Unarmed + WpnFocus + Strength
      6/3 + 1 + 6 = total of +13/+10

      is what it should be I believe...

      Tom
    • merton_monk@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 31, 2001
        When you say these numbers don't add up, where are you looking? In
        some places PCGen only includes base attack bonuses, in others it
        will do the full tally. To see your full unarmed attack bonus you
        should get the Unarmed Strike equipment item (it's in the Equipment
        tab and it's only purpose in existing is so that PCGen knows that you
        want the total attack bonus for your unarmed attack instead of just
        your base attack bonus). It may be Unarmed Attack instead of Unarmed
        Strike, I can't recally right now, but equip that in your Neither
        hand (since Primary has a known bug that will be fixed tonight) and
        see if the numbers are more agreeable.

        -Bryan
      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 31, 2001
          Considering that my own character is a Monk, I paid close attention
          to the Monk attack cycle. The attack algorithm is generic enough that
          a class could cycle on something other than +5 (or +3 for Monks) on
          different attack types (Ranged, Melee, Unarmed). :)

          -Bryan