Re: Noted issues

  • Gary
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 31, 2001
      You don't add Base attack and Unarmed attack! It's one or the other.

      +13/+8 should be correct if the Gauntlets add +2 to Strength, if they
      add +4 to Strength (+2) modifier, then it should be +14/+9.

      --- In pcgen@y..., "Talyn Ehryk de Dragovon" <Halloween@r...> wrote:
      > As far as I know, you add Strength + Base Attack + Unarmed Attack +
      > Weapon Focus Feat (if You have it)
      >

      > Strength = +5
      > Gauntlets of Ogre Strength = +2
      > Base Attack = +6/+1
      > Unarmed Attack = +6/+3
      > Weapon Focus: Unarmed = +1/+1
      >
      > Technically right now I should be at = +20/+12
      > However it is showing up as
      >
      > +13/+8 = (Str + Gauntlets + Base Attack)
      > +8/+5 Does not = (Unarmed Attack + Weapon Focus:Unarmed)
      >

      > --- In pcgen@y..., jml@q... wrote:
      > > --- In pcgen@y..., "Talyn Ehryk de Dragovon" <Halloween@r...>
      wrote:
      > > > As a matter of fact, I just compared PCGEN with CHARGEN. PCGEN
      is
      > > far
      > > > more accurate when it comes to the monk's unarmed attack, but it
      > > > appears about a point or two off still (too many points). Also,
      > > the
      > > > Healing/Herbalist profession in CHARGEN does not include the
      > > synergy
      > > > bonus either.
      > >
      > > Actually I noticed that I had one extra point that I didn't have
      in
      > > CharGen, but then again, I may not have asigned all my points when
      > > gaind my third level.
    • Thomas Clegg
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 31, 2001
        > As far as I know, you add Strength + Base Attack + Unarmed Attack +
        > Weapon Focus Feat (if You have it)

        For a Monk, you use either the Base Attack, or the Unarmed Attack and then
        add to it.

        therefore, the +6/+3 would be the one to use for Unarmed

        Base Unarmed + WpnFocus + Strength
        6/3 + 1 + 6 = total of +13/+10

        is what it should be I believe...

        Tom
      • merton_monk@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 31, 2001
          When you say these numbers don't add up, where are you looking? In
          some places PCGen only includes base attack bonuses, in others it
          will do the full tally. To see your full unarmed attack bonus you
          should get the Unarmed Strike equipment item (it's in the Equipment
          tab and it's only purpose in existing is so that PCGen knows that you
          want the total attack bonus for your unarmed attack instead of just
          your base attack bonus). It may be Unarmed Attack instead of Unarmed
          Strike, I can't recally right now, but equip that in your Neither
          hand (since Primary has a known bug that will be fixed tonight) and
          see if the numbers are more agreeable.

          -Bryan
        • merton_monk@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 31, 2001
            Considering that my own character is a Monk, I paid close attention
            to the Monk attack cycle. The attack algorithm is generic enough that
            a class could cycle on something other than +5 (or +3 for Monks) on
            different attack types (Ranged, Melee, Unarmed). :)

            -Bryan