Re: Power Attck at a preapply Was [pcgen] GMGen: using feats in combat

  • Michele
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jon Fetting <idiosync@n...> wrote:
      > For people who care I have created Power Attack as a Preapply. If
      anyone
      > can see any improvements please tell me.
      > Power Attack.MOD
      > ADD:VFEAT(Power Attacking)
      >
      > Power Attacking
      > TYPE:Special
      > VISIBLE:NO
      > BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.MELEE|(-1)*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
      > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Melee|%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
      > CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=BAB|TITLE=Choose The bonus.

      When it's applied?
    • Devon Jones
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
        Michele wrote:

        >Agh ... during a single combat session barbarians/fighters
        >can choose to enable & disable multiple feats such as power
        >attack, cleave etc. and switching all the times from a window
        >to the other can be confusing.
        >IMHO the best compromise should be to add the feats list in the
        >character stat page and to manage the feat selection there in
        >the same way as for the attack roll or the abilities check.

        Yeah, and I would like to get us to the point you can apply them from
        the stat window, as well as from the preview pane.

        Long term that's the plan, just a lot to do, and only so many developers.

        Devon
      • discnerd
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2007
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michele" <tux.72@...> wrote:

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jon Fetting <idiosync@n...> wrote:
          > > For people who care I have created Power Attack as a Preapply. If
          > anyone
          > > can see any improvements please tell me.
          > > Power Attack.MOD
          > > ADD:VFEAT(Power Attacking)
          > >
          > > Power Attacking
          > > TYPE:Special
          > > VISIBLE:NO
          > > BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.MELEE|(-1)*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
          > > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Melee|%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
          > > CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=BAB|TITLE=Choose The bonus.
          >
          > When it's applied?

          I did something similar. You forgot to double power attack damage for
          two handed attacks. The fix I figured out was (or close, it's on the
          other partition):

          BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGEMULT:2|(1/STR)*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
        • Dennis Perry
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 23, 2007
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "discnerd" <discnerd@...> wrote:

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michele" <tux.72@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jon Fetting <idiosync@n...> wrote:
            > > > For people who care I have created Power Attack as a Preapply.
            If
            > > anyone
            > > > can see any improvements please tell me.
            > > > Power Attack.MOD
            > > > ADD:VFEAT(Power Attacking)
            > > >
            > > > Power Attacking
            > > > TYPE:Special
            > > > VISIBLE:NO
            > > > BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.MELEE|(-1)*%
            CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
            > > > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Melee|%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
            > > > CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=BAB|TITLE=Choose The bonus.
            > >
            > > When it's applied?
            > >

            > I did something similar. You forgot to double power attack damage
            for
            > two handed attacks. The fix I figured out was (or close, it's on
            the
            > other partition):
            >
            > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGEMULT:2|(1/STR)*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC

            I tried your fix for doubling the damage for two-handed attacks, but
            it didn't work for me. I'm currently using v.5.10.1. The strength
            mod for my character is +11, and his BAB is +7. The temporary
            bonuses tab correctly says the bonus to DAMAGEMULT:2 is 0.636...
            which would add 0.636*11=7 to damage, but doesn't add any more
            damage on the preview. Perhaps the 0.636 is being rounded down to 0?
          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 24, 2007
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Perry" <albart@...> wrote:

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "discnerd" <discnerd@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michele" <tux.72@> wrote:

              > If
              > > > anyone

              > CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
              > > >
              > > > When it's applied?
              > > >

              > > I did something similar. You forgot to double power attack damage
              > for
              > > two handed attacks. The fix I figured out was (or close, it's on
              > the
              > > other partition):
              > >
              > > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGEMULT:2|(1/STR)*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
              > >
              > I tried your fix for doubling the damage for two-handed attacks, but
              > it didn't work for me. I'm currently using v.5.10.1. The strength
              > mod for my character is +11, and his BAB is +7. The temporary
              > bonuses tab correctly says the bonus to DAMAGEMULT:2 is 0.636...
              > which would add 0.636*11=7 to damage, but doesn't add any more
              > damage on the preview. Perhaps the 0.636 is being rounded down to
              > 0?

              It's possible, have you tried this on the latest version? (5.12.0),
              also does the calculation come out correctly on an exported character
              sheet?