Re: GMGen: using feats in combat

  • Michele
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:

      > you need to apply those in the equipment panel, under
      > Temporary Bonuses
      >
      > you can apply the effects of many spells, as well as
      > rage and most other
      > feats.
      >
      > Devon

      Agh ... during a single combat session barbarians/fighters
      can choose to enable & disable multiple feats such as power
      attack, cleave etc. and switching all the times from a window
      to the other can be confusing.
      IMHO the best compromise should be to add the feats list in the
      character stat page and to manage the feat selection there in
      the same way as for the attack roll or the abilities check.
    • Michele
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jon Fetting <idiosync@n...> wrote:
        > For people who care I have created Power Attack as a Preapply. If
        anyone
        > can see any improvements please tell me.
        > Power Attack.MOD
        > ADD:VFEAT(Power Attacking)
        >
        > Power Attacking
        > TYPE:Special
        > VISIBLE:NO
        > BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.MELEE|(-1)*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
        > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Melee|%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
        > CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=BAB|TITLE=Choose The bonus.

        When it's applied?
      • Devon Jones
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
          Michele wrote:

          >Agh ... during a single combat session barbarians/fighters
          >can choose to enable & disable multiple feats such as power
          >attack, cleave etc. and switching all the times from a window
          >to the other can be confusing.
          >IMHO the best compromise should be to add the feats list in the
          >character stat page and to manage the feat selection there in
          >the same way as for the attack roll or the abilities check.

          Yeah, and I would like to get us to the point you can apply them from
          the stat window, as well as from the preview pane.

          Long term that's the plan, just a lot to do, and only so many developers.

          Devon
        • discnerd
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 5, 2007
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michele" <tux.72@...> wrote:

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jon Fetting <idiosync@n...> wrote:
            > > For people who care I have created Power Attack as a Preapply. If
            > anyone
            > > can see any improvements please tell me.
            > > Power Attack.MOD
            > > ADD:VFEAT(Power Attacking)
            > >
            > > Power Attacking
            > > TYPE:Special
            > > VISIBLE:NO
            > > BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.MELEE|(-1)*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
            > > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Melee|%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
            > > CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=BAB|TITLE=Choose The bonus.
            >
            > When it's applied?

            I did something similar. You forgot to double power attack damage for
            two handed attacks. The fix I figured out was (or close, it's on the
            other partition):

            BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGEMULT:2|(1/STR)*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
          • Dennis Perry
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 23, 2007
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "discnerd" <discnerd@...> wrote:

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michele" <tux.72@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Jon Fetting <idiosync@n...> wrote:
              > > > For people who care I have created Power Attack as a Preapply.
              If
              > > anyone
              > > > can see any improvements please tell me.
              > > > Power Attack.MOD
              > > > ADD:VFEAT(Power Attacking)
              > > >
              > > > Power Attacking
              > > > TYPE:Special
              > > > VISIBLE:NO
              > > > BONUS:COMBAT|TOHIT.MELEE|(-1)*%
              CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
              > > > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGE.Melee|%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
              > > > CHOOSE:NUMBER|MIN=1|MAX=BAB|TITLE=Choose The bonus.
              > >
              > > When it's applied?
              > >

              > I did something similar. You forgot to double power attack damage
              for
              > two handed attacks. The fix I figured out was (or close, it's on
              the
              > other partition):
              >
              > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGEMULT:2|(1/STR)*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC

              I tried your fix for doubling the damage for two-handed attacks, but
              it didn't work for me. I'm currently using v.5.10.1. The strength
              mod for my character is +11, and his BAB is +7. The temporary
              bonuses tab correctly says the bonus to DAMAGEMULT:2 is 0.636...
              which would add 0.636*11=7 to damage, but doesn't add any more
              damage on the preview. Perhaps the 0.636 is being rounded down to 0?
            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 24, 2007
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis Perry" <albart@...> wrote:

                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "discnerd" <discnerd@> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michele" <tux.72@> wrote:

                > If
                > > > anyone

                > CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
                > > >
                > > > When it's applied?
                > > >

                > > I did something similar. You forgot to double power attack damage
                > for
                > > two handed attacks. The fix I figured out was (or close, it's on
                > the
                > > other partition):
                > >
                > > BONUS:COMBAT|DAMAGEMULT:2|(1/STR)*%CHOICE|PREAPPLY:PC
                > >
                > I tried your fix for doubling the damage for two-handed attacks, but
                > it didn't work for me. I'm currently using v.5.10.1. The strength
                > mod for my character is +11, and his BAB is +7. The temporary
                > bonuses tab correctly says the bonus to DAMAGEMULT:2 is 0.636...
                > which would add 0.636*11=7 to damage, but doesn't add any more
                > damage on the preview. Perhaps the 0.636 is being rounded down to
                > 0?

                It's possible, have you tried this on the latest version? (5.12.0),
                also does the calculation come out correctly on an exported character
                sheet?