Re: [pcgen] [EDDY][ERIC] Re: I want to help

  • Éric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
      At 17:47 2005.06.02, Tir Gwaith wrote:
      >Eric,
      >
      >When did you make me a miracle worker????
      >
      >I don't have an example out, yet. That's my PCGen Priority for this
      >weekend. I'm planning on having it out late tomorrow.
      >
      >I'll post when it is out. And yeah, it is going to be a BIG project.
      >
      >Tir Gwaith
      >LST Chimp

      Sorry Tir, I read your previous message to fast. I thought the example was already done.

      As for your question, you have been a miracle worker for quite a while now :-).

      Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • theryonstormrune
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005
        I'd like to help as well with the KITs project. I've been getting my
        feet wet with various things in the .lst files including implementing
        some of the Dragon (magazine) feats, classes, etc. for my groups'
        personal usage.

        Theryon

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tir Gwaith" <thoron-tir-gwaith@l...>
        wrote:
        > Eric,
        >
        > When did you make me a miracle worker????
        >
        > I don't have an example out, yet. That's my PCGen Priority for this
        > weekend. I'm planning on having it out late tomorrow.
        >
        > I'll post when it is out. And yeah, it is going to be a BIG
        project.

        > Tir Gwaith
        > LST Chimp
        >
        > > There is a project starting to do the KITs required to implement
        the
        > standard monsters. Tir has provided an example and a few ppl have
        already
        > pledge time. Maybe that would be a good place to get your feet wet
        with the
        > .lst language and the way everything works around here. The KIT
        project will
        > require a lot of work so the more, the merrier :-).
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005
          Tir Gwaith scribed:

          > When did you make me a miracle worker????
          >
          > I don't have an example out, yet. That's my PCGen Priority for this
          > weekend. I'm planning on having it out late tomorrow.
          >
          > I'll post when it is out. And yeah, it is going to be a BIG project.

          You seem to have generated a good deal of interest in this,
          way to rally the troops :-)

          We have some new KIT tags which may be useful in this endeavor that I've not
          got into the docs yet, let me mention them briefly and post links to the doc
          trackers for them. It would also be good to start identifying the code work
          needed for this. I don't think there is now a KIT tag to grant levels of a
          class which is needed for less than 1 HD warriors. Another thing to think
          about is that some monster entries specify magic weapons or other equipment
          we normally create with the customizer, so to do this we either need to have
          a file of the specific equipment or create a way to have the kit create it
          on the fly. In other words you could specify an item and any EQMODs applied
          to it in the kit and when the kit is applied the item is created.

          [ 1123671 ] Document FREE tag in KIT skill line
          <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1123671&group_id=
          66204&atid=513778>
          FREE is usable on the KIT skill line and I believe it means that
          the skill is free i.e. doesn't not could against the number of
          skill points for the PC.

          [ 1107587 ] funds in KIT file
          <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1107587&group_id=
          66204&atid=513778>

          FUNDS:x >tab< QTY:y >tab< PRExxx

          X = Currency Abbreviation found in miscinfo file (i.e. gp,
          euro, dollars, etc)
          Y = # or Formula

          FUNDS:gp QTY:10+1d10 PRECLASS:1,Fighter

          [ 1214429 ] Document EQUIPBUY tag in KIT file
          <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1214429&group_id=
          66204&atid=513778>
          STARTPACK:<name><tab>EQUIPBUY:0
          Should make the cost of every item in the KIT 0.

          [ 1214433 ] VISIBLE:x tag implemented in KITs
          <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1214433&group_id=
          66204&atid=513778>
          VISIBLE:YES always displays the KIT
          VISIBLE:NO never displays

          There may be others I'm not aware of, please post if more are found. Also,
          please comment in the trackers if these tags are found not to be working as
          specified here, what you see is about what I've got to go on to get them
          documented.

          Additionally I had entered a couple of code FREQ a little while back when I
          had been thinking about this idea, might be a good idea to review them and
          see if they would be useful for this project.

          [ 1077909 ] AUTO:KIT Global tag
          <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1077909&group_id=25576&ati
          d=384722>

          [ 1077923 ] COSTMULT:x tag implemented in KITs
          <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1077923&group_id=25576&ati
          d=384722>

          I had also suggested a VISIBLE:QUALIFY for kits so the GUI would work much
          like the equipment customizer in that you would only see the kits you
          qualified for but that was not implemented at the time VISIBLE went in.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005