[EDDY][ERIC] Re: I want to help

  • Ian Copp
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
      Now that I'm back to my normal email, rather than my super-rarely-used
      Yahoo account...

      Sounds interesting. I've done some fiddling with kits before, and it
      doesn't look like they've changed from 5.7.x, so I shouldn't be too
      lost.

      I've done some work with LSTs, generally for non-OGL sources (the
      tactical and divine feats from Complete Warrior, metamagics from
      Complete Arcane, a few classes and prestige classes, etc.).

      --
      "In Soviet Russia, dice roll you!"
    • Éric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
        At 17:47 2005.06.02, Tir Gwaith wrote:
        >Eric,
        >
        >When did you make me a miracle worker????
        >
        >I don't have an example out, yet. That's my PCGen Priority for this
        >weekend. I'm planning on having it out late tomorrow.
        >
        >I'll post when it is out. And yeah, it is going to be a BIG project.
        >
        >Tir Gwaith
        >LST Chimp

        Sorry Tir, I read your previous message to fast. I thought the example was already done.

        As for your question, you have been a miracle worker for quite a while now :-).

        Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
        Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
        >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
        <mailto:beaudoer@...>
      • theryonstormrune
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005
          I'd like to help as well with the KITs project. I've been getting my
          feet wet with various things in the .lst files including implementing
          some of the Dragon (magazine) feats, classes, etc. for my groups'
          personal usage.

          Theryon

          wrote:
          > Eric,
          >
          > When did you make me a miracle worker????
          >
          > I don't have an example out, yet. That's my PCGen Priority for this
          > weekend. I'm planning on having it out late tomorrow.
          >
          > I'll post when it is out. And yeah, it is going to be a BIG
          project.

          > Tir Gwaith
          > LST Chimp
          >
          > > There is a project starting to do the KITs required to implement
          the
          > standard monsters. Tir has provided an example and a few ppl have
          already
          > pledge time. Maybe that would be a good place to get your feet wet
          with the
          > .lst language and the way everything works around here. The KIT
          project will
          > require a lot of work so the more, the merrier :-).
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005
            Tir Gwaith scribed:

            > When did you make me a miracle worker????
            >
            > I don't have an example out, yet. That's my PCGen Priority for this
            > weekend. I'm planning on having it out late tomorrow.
            >
            > I'll post when it is out. And yeah, it is going to be a BIG project.

            You seem to have generated a good deal of interest in this,
            way to rally the troops :-)

            We have some new KIT tags which may be useful in this endeavor that I've not
            got into the docs yet, let me mention them briefly and post links to the doc
            trackers for them. It would also be good to start identifying the code work
            needed for this. I don't think there is now a KIT tag to grant levels of a
            class which is needed for less than 1 HD warriors. Another thing to think
            about is that some monster entries specify magic weapons or other equipment
            we normally create with the customizer, so to do this we either need to have
            a file of the specific equipment or create a way to have the kit create it
            on the fly. In other words you could specify an item and any EQMODs applied
            to it in the kit and when the kit is applied the item is created.

            [ 1123671 ] Document FREE tag in KIT skill line
            <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1123671&group_id=
            66204&atid=513778>
            FREE is usable on the KIT skill line and I believe it means that
            the skill is free i.e. doesn't not could against the number of
            skill points for the PC.

            [ 1107587 ] funds in KIT file
            <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1107587&group_id=
            66204&atid=513778>

            FUNDS:x >tab< QTY:y >tab< PRExxx

            X = Currency Abbreviation found in miscinfo file (i.e. gp,
            euro, dollars, etc)
            Y = # or Formula

            FUNDS:gp QTY:10+1d10 PRECLASS:1,Fighter

            [ 1214429 ] Document EQUIPBUY tag in KIT file
            <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1214429&group_id=
            66204&atid=513778>
            STARTPACK:<name><tab>EQUIPBUY:0
            Should make the cost of every item in the KIT 0.

            [ 1214433 ] VISIBLE:x tag implemented in KITs
            <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1214433&group_id=
            66204&atid=513778>
            VISIBLE:YES always displays the KIT
            VISIBLE:NO never displays

            There may be others I'm not aware of, please post if more are found. Also,
            please comment in the trackers if these tags are found not to be working as
            specified here, what you see is about what I've got to go on to get them
            documented.

            Additionally I had entered a couple of code FREQ a little while back when I
            had been thinking about this idea, might be a good idea to review them and
            see if they would be useful for this project.

            [ 1077909 ] AUTO:KIT Global tag
            <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1077909&group_id=25576&ati
            d=384722>

            [ 1077923 ] COSTMULT:x tag implemented in KITs
            <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1077923&group_id=25576&ati
            d=384722>

            I had also suggested a VISIBLE:QUALIFY for kits so the GUI would work much
            like the equipment customizer in that you would only see the kits you
            qualified for but that was not implemented at the time VISIBLE went in.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005