Re: [pcgen] [EDDY][ERIC] Re: I want to help

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
      Eric,

      When did you make me a miracle worker????

      I don't have an example out, yet. That's my PCGen Priority for this
      weekend. I'm planning on having it out late tomorrow.

      I'll post when it is out. And yeah, it is going to be a BIG project.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

      > There is a project starting to do the KITs required to implement the
      standard monsters. Tir has provided an example and a few ppl have already
      pledge time. Maybe that would be a good place to get your feet wet with the
      .lst language and the way everything works around here. The KIT project will
      require a lot of work so the more, the merrier :-).
    • Ian Copp
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
        Now that I'm back to my normal email, rather than my super-rarely-used
        Yahoo account...

        Sounds interesting. I've done some fiddling with kits before, and it
        doesn't look like they've changed from 5.7.x, so I shouldn't be too
        lost.

        I've done some work with LSTs, generally for non-OGL sources (the
        tactical and divine feats from Complete Warrior, metamagics from
        Complete Arcane, a few classes and prestige classes, etc.).

        --
        "In Soviet Russia, dice roll you!"
      • Éric Beaudoin
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
          At 17:47 2005.06.02, Tir Gwaith wrote:
          >Eric,
          >
          >When did you make me a miracle worker????
          >
          >I don't have an example out, yet. That's my PCGen Priority for this
          >weekend. I'm planning on having it out late tomorrow.
          >
          >I'll post when it is out. And yeah, it is going to be a BIG project.
          >
          >Tir Gwaith
          >LST Chimp

          Sorry Tir, I read your previous message to fast. I thought the example was already done.

          As for your question, you have been a miracle worker for quite a while now :-).

          Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
          Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
          >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
          <mailto:beaudoer@...>
        • theryonstormrune
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005
            I'd like to help as well with the KITs project. I've been getting my
            feet wet with various things in the .lst files including implementing
            some of the Dragon (magazine) feats, classes, etc. for my groups'
            personal usage.

            Theryon

            wrote:
            > Eric,
            >
            > When did you make me a miracle worker????
            >
            > I don't have an example out, yet. That's my PCGen Priority for this
            > weekend. I'm planning on having it out late tomorrow.
            >
            > I'll post when it is out. And yeah, it is going to be a BIG
            project.

            > Tir Gwaith
            > LST Chimp
            >
            > > There is a project starting to do the KITs required to implement
            the
            > standard monsters. Tir has provided an example and a few ppl have
            already
            > pledge time. Maybe that would be a good place to get your feet wet
            with the
            > .lst language and the way everything works around here. The KIT
            project will
            > require a lot of work so the more, the merrier :-).
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005
              Tir Gwaith scribed:

              > When did you make me a miracle worker????
              >
              > I don't have an example out, yet. That's my PCGen Priority for this
              > weekend. I'm planning on having it out late tomorrow.
              >
              > I'll post when it is out. And yeah, it is going to be a BIG project.

              You seem to have generated a good deal of interest in this,
              way to rally the troops :-)

              We have some new KIT tags which may be useful in this endeavor that I've not
              got into the docs yet, let me mention them briefly and post links to the doc
              trackers for them. It would also be good to start identifying the code work
              needed for this. I don't think there is now a KIT tag to grant levels of a
              class which is needed for less than 1 HD warriors. Another thing to think
              about is that some monster entries specify magic weapons or other equipment
              we normally create with the customizer, so to do this we either need to have
              a file of the specific equipment or create a way to have the kit create it
              on the fly. In other words you could specify an item and any EQMODs applied
              to it in the kit and when the kit is applied the item is created.

              [ 1123671 ] Document FREE tag in KIT skill line
              <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1123671&group_id=
              66204&atid=513778>
              FREE is usable on the KIT skill line and I believe it means that
              the skill is free i.e. doesn't not could against the number of
              skill points for the PC.

              [ 1107587 ] funds in KIT file
              <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1107587&group_id=
              66204&atid=513778>

              FUNDS:x >tab< QTY:y >tab< PRExxx

              X = Currency Abbreviation found in miscinfo file (i.e. gp,
              euro, dollars, etc)
              Y = # or Formula

              FUNDS:gp QTY:10+1d10 PRECLASS:1,Fighter

              [ 1214429 ] Document EQUIPBUY tag in KIT file
              <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1214429&group_id=
              66204&atid=513778>
              STARTPACK:<name><tab>EQUIPBUY:0
              Should make the cost of every item in the KIT 0.

              [ 1214433 ] VISIBLE:x tag implemented in KITs
              <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1214433&group_id=
              66204&atid=513778>
              VISIBLE:YES always displays the KIT
              VISIBLE:NO never displays

              There may be others I'm not aware of, please post if more are found. Also,
              please comment in the trackers if these tags are found not to be working as
              specified here, what you see is about what I've got to go on to get them
              documented.

              Additionally I had entered a couple of code FREQ a little while back when I
              had been thinking about this idea, might be a good idea to review them and
              see if they would be useful for this project.

              [ 1077909 ] AUTO:KIT Global tag
              <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1077909&group_id=25576&ati
              d=384722>

              [ 1077923 ] COSTMULT:x tag implemented in KITs
              <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1077923&group_id=25576&ati
              d=384722>

              I had also suggested a VISIBLE:QUALIFY for kits so the GUI would work much
              like the equipment customizer in that you would only see the kits you
              qualified for but that was not implemented at the time VISIBLE went in.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005