Re: [pcgen] Network plugin and JXTA

  • Devon Jones
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
      ertain1 wrote:

      >Hello everyone!
      >
      >I have just joined the group and would like to change the network
      >plugin a little. I would like to implement JXTA, the P2P library, in
      >PCgen. The trouble is, I don't know how to do it. So does anyone
      >know how to write a plugin for PCgen?
      >
      >Thank you.

      Yeah, what all do you need, I wrote the plugin system as well as the
      network plugin, so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to know.

      Devon
    • ertain1
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
        > ertain1 wrote:
        >
        > >Hello everyone!
        > >
        > >I have just joined the group and would like to change the network
        > >plugin a little. I would like to implement JXTA, the P2P library,
        in
        > >PCgen. The trouble is, I don't know how to do it. So does anyone
        > >know how to write a plugin for PCgen?
        > >
        > >Thank you.
        > >

        > Yeah, what all do you need, I wrote the plugin system as well as
        the
        > network plugin, so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to
        know.

        > Devon

        Cool. :-) So what file of GMgen controls the network part? Or is it
        a group of files? Also, which files do the network GUI?
      • Devon Jones
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
          ertain1 wrote:

          >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
          >

          >>ertain1 wrote:
          >>

          >>>Hello everyone!
          >>>
          >>>I have just joined the group and would like to change the network
          >>>plugin a little. I would like to implement JXTA, the P2P library,
          >>>

          >in
          >

          >>>PCgen. The trouble is, I don't know how to do it. So does anyone
          >>>know how to write a plugin for PCgen?
          >>>
          >>>Thank you.
          >>>

          >>Yeah, what all do you need, I wrote the plugin system as well as
          >>

          >the
          >

          >>network plugin, so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to
          >>

          >know.
          >

          >>Devon
          >>

          >Cool. :-) So what file of GMgen controls the network part? Or is it
          >a group of files? Also, which files do the network GUI?

          everything related to the network is in the java package plugin.network
          the gui is in plugin.network.gui

          This was my first attempt at writing a server and client, so it may well
          be "the suck"

          Devon
        • ertain1
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
            > ertain1 wrote:
            >
            > >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:

            > >in

            > >>Yeah, what all do you need, I wrote the plugin system as well as
            > >>

            > >the
            > >

            > >>network plugin, so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to
            > >>

            > >know.
            > >

            > >>Devon
            > >>

            > >Cool. :-) So what file of GMgen controls the network part? Or is it
            > >a group of files? Also, which files do the network GUI?
            > >

            > everything related to the network is in the java package plugin.network
            > the gui is in plugin.network.gui
            >
            > This was my first attempt at writing a server and client, so it may
            well
            > be "the suck"
            >
            > Devon

            Thank you Devon. I'll take a look at plugin.network and see what I