[DEVON][JAMES]Re: Network plugin and JXTA

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
      > I have just joined the group and would like to change the network
      > plugin a little. I would like to implement JXTA, the P2P library, in
      > PCgen. The trouble is, I don't know how to do it. So does anyone
      > know how to write a plugin for PCgen?

      Thank you for the offer of help! I've flagged this message for Devon
      and James, two of our senior code monkeys. They should be able to get
      in contact with you.

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
    • Devon Jones
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
        ertain1 wrote:

        >Hello everyone!
        >
        >I have just joined the group and would like to change the network
        >plugin a little. I would like to implement JXTA, the P2P library, in
        >PCgen. The trouble is, I don't know how to do it. So does anyone
        >know how to write a plugin for PCgen?
        >
        >Thank you.

        Yeah, what all do you need, I wrote the plugin system as well as the
        network plugin, so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to know.

        Devon
      • ertain1
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
          > ertain1 wrote:
          >
          > >Hello everyone!
          > >
          > >I have just joined the group and would like to change the network
          > >plugin a little. I would like to implement JXTA, the P2P library,
          in
          > >PCgen. The trouble is, I don't know how to do it. So does anyone
          > >know how to write a plugin for PCgen?
          > >
          > >Thank you.
          > >

          > Yeah, what all do you need, I wrote the plugin system as well as
          the
          > network plugin, so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to
          know.

          > Devon

          Cool. :-) So what file of GMgen controls the network part? Or is it
          a group of files? Also, which files do the network GUI?
        • Devon Jones
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
            ertain1 wrote:

            >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
            >

            >>ertain1 wrote:
            >>

            >>>Hello everyone!
            >>>
            >>>I have just joined the group and would like to change the network
            >>>plugin a little. I would like to implement JXTA, the P2P library,
            >>>

            >in
            >

            >>>PCgen. The trouble is, I don't know how to do it. So does anyone
            >>>know how to write a plugin for PCgen?
            >>>
            >>>Thank you.
            >>>

            >>Yeah, what all do you need, I wrote the plugin system as well as
            >>

            >the
            >

            >>network plugin, so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to
            >>

            >know.
            >

            >>Devon
            >>

            >Cool. :-) So what file of GMgen controls the network part? Or is it
            >a group of files? Also, which files do the network GUI?

            everything related to the network is in the java package plugin.network
            the gui is in plugin.network.gui

            This was my first attempt at writing a server and client, so it may well
            be "the suck"

            Devon
          • ertain1
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
              > ertain1 wrote:
              >
              > >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:

              > >in

              > >>Yeah, what all do you need, I wrote the plugin system as well as
              > >>

              > >the
              > >

              > >>network plugin, so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to
              > >>

              > >know.
              > >

              > >>Devon
              > >>

              > >Cool. :-) So what file of GMgen controls the network part? Or is it
              > >a group of files? Also, which files do the network GUI?
              > >

              > everything related to the network is in the java package plugin.network
              > the gui is in plugin.network.gui
              >
              > This was my first attempt at writing a server and client, so it may
              well
              > be "the suck"
              >
              > Devon

              Thank you Devon. I'll take a look at plugin.network and see what I