Re: [pcgen] Re: [Bug?] RSRD - HobGoblin, etc.

  • boomer70
    Message 1 of 33 , Jun 2, 2005
      Yes I would be willing to help out with this project. Lots of work but definately worth it to get rid of PREDEFAULTMONSTER tags.

      -Aaron

      tir_gwaith <thoron-tir-gwaith@...> wrote:
      > I was talking about using kits to implement the default monsters
      and drop the default monster mode from the pref. That mode has been
      giving us trouble for quite a while now.

      Yep. We've (at least Eric and I, and Doug at one time. Not sure who
      else I've bounced the idea off) been talking about removing Default
      Monster and going to KITs for a good long while now. It is such a
      huge project, that I've been unable to motivate myself to do it.

      I think starting with the 0HD races in the 3.5 Monster SRD would be a
      good place to start. If I did one up, would others be willing to do
      the rest using my example?

      I think getting the 0HD critters done up would help get the ball
      rolling on the rest. Doing the whole RSRD monsters is a huge project
      that is going to have to be done in smaller chunks if it is going to
      get done. I know KITs will need code improvement to do them all,
      along with some Nautral Weapon type stuff. We really won't know
      exactly what all we need until we start really digging in and doing
      it. I've tried to design a future KIT thing, but I think that was
      the wrong approach (kinda like the way the XML project was going).

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

      PCGen's FAQ:
      http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/

      PCGen Data Lemur

    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 5, 2005
        Might not be a bad idea, as I decided to see what the 3.5 RSRD download had
        in that was useable, but didn't find much, probably need to just use the
        books to dig u the starting KIT data.

        --

        Terry FitzSimons
        FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)