Network plugin and JXTA

  • ertain1
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hello everyone!

      I have just joined the group and would like to change the network
      plugin a little. I would like to implement JXTA, the P2P library, in
      PCgen. The trouble is, I don't know how to do it. So does anyone
      know how to write a plugin for PCgen?

      Thank you.
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
        > I have just joined the group and would like to change the network
        > plugin a little. I would like to implement JXTA, the P2P library, in
        > PCgen. The trouble is, I don't know how to do it. So does anyone
        > know how to write a plugin for PCgen?

        Thank you for the offer of help! I've flagged this message for Devon
        and James, two of our senior code monkeys. They should be able to get
        in contact with you.

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
      • Devon Jones
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
          ertain1 wrote:

          >Hello everyone!
          >
          >I have just joined the group and would like to change the network
          >plugin a little. I would like to implement JXTA, the P2P library, in
          >PCgen. The trouble is, I don't know how to do it. So does anyone
          >know how to write a plugin for PCgen?
          >
          >Thank you.

          Yeah, what all do you need, I wrote the plugin system as well as the
          network plugin, so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to know.

          Devon
        • ertain1
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
            > ertain1 wrote:
            >
            > >Hello everyone!
            > >
            > >I have just joined the group and would like to change the network
            > >plugin a little. I would like to implement JXTA, the P2P library,
            in
            > >PCgen. The trouble is, I don't know how to do it. So does anyone
            > >know how to write a plugin for PCgen?
            > >
            > >Thank you.
            > >

            > Yeah, what all do you need, I wrote the plugin system as well as
            the
            > network plugin, so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to
            know.

            > Devon

            Cool. :-) So what file of GMgen controls the network part? Or is it
            a group of files? Also, which files do the network GUI?
          • Devon Jones
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
              ertain1 wrote:

              >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
              >

              >>ertain1 wrote:
              >>

              >>>Hello everyone!
              >>>
              >>>I have just joined the group and would like to change the network
              >>>plugin a little. I would like to implement JXTA, the P2P library,
              >>>

              >in
              >

              >>>PCgen. The trouble is, I don't know how to do it. So does anyone
              >>>know how to write a plugin for PCgen?
              >>>
              >>>Thank you.
              >>>

              >>Yeah, what all do you need, I wrote the plugin system as well as
              >>

              >the
              >

              >>network plugin, so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to
              >>

              >know.
              >

              >>Devon
              >>

              >Cool. :-) So what file of GMgen controls the network part? Or is it
              >a group of files? Also, which files do the network GUI?

              everything related to the network is in the java package plugin.network
              the gui is in plugin.network.gui

              This was my first attempt at writing a server and client, so it may well
              be "the suck"

              Devon
            • ertain1
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:
                > ertain1 wrote:
                >
                > >--- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Devon Jones <soulcatcher@e...> wrote:

                > >in

                > >>Yeah, what all do you need, I wrote the plugin system as well as
                > >>

                > >the
                > >

                > >>network plugin, so I can pretty much tell you anything you need to
                > >>

                > >know.
                > >

                > >>Devon
                > >>

                > >Cool. :-) So what file of GMgen controls the network part? Or is it
                > >a group of files? Also, which files do the network GUI?
                > >

                > everything related to the network is in the java package plugin.network
                > the gui is in plugin.network.gui
                >
                > This was my first attempt at writing a server and client, so it may
                well
                > be "the suck"
                >
                > Devon

                Thank you Devon. I'll take a look at plugin.network and see what I