Newbie question on custom items and to-hit bonus

  • mythicsilk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      I just KNOW I'm missing something obvious here, but I can't for the
      life of me figure it out. I have a +2 dagger on a character - it does
      2 more damage than a regular dagger and has a +2 on the to-hit roll.
      No other special properties.

      The damage is easy to add - when creating a custom item I can click
      the damage button and change 1d4 to 1d4+2. But where the heck do I add
      the +2 to-hit bonus? I see a huge number of options in the custom item
      screen but none of them seem to apply.

      Thanks,
      Skip
    • Truth
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        On 6/2/05, mythicsilk <mythicsilk@...> wrote:
        > I just KNOW I'm missing something obvious here, but I can't for the
        > life of me figure it out. I have a +2 dagger on a character - it does
        > 2 more damage than a regular dagger and has a +2 on the to-hit roll.
        > No other special properties.
        >
        > The damage is easy to add - when creating a custom item I can click
        > the damage button and change 1d4 to 1d4+2. But where the heck do I add
        > the +2 to-hit bonus? I see a huge number of options in the custom item
        > screen but none of them seem to apply.

        To make a +2 weapon, when making a custom item, first add
        Masterworked. This should then bring up the list of +X enhancements.
        You can then add the enhancement of your choice, and it will bring up
        the list of other magical abilities you can add.

        It follows the rules for building magical weapons. The weapon must
        first be masterworked, and then must have at least a +1 enhancement
        before you can add other magical abilities.

        --
        Truth.
        There is no religion higher than the Truth.