Re: File - Welcome

  • theryonstormrune
    Message 1 of 337 , Jun 1, 2005
      Bryan, you might want to edit this file now that 5.8.0 is out.

      Thery

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, pcgen@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Welcome!
      >
      > What do I need to run PCGen?
      > PCGen 5.6 requires Java JRE 1.3 (this can be found at www.sun.com),
      which means it will run on any OS that supports that version of
      Java. This means that Mac OS 8 & 9 users will need to have Virtual
      PC since those OSes only support Java 1.1.8. There are 3 zip files
      which make up a PCGen release. Unzip all three files into the same
      directory and you're good to go. Java 1.4 is required for the GMGen
      pieces of PCGen 5.6, and for all the pieces of PCGen beyond 5.6.

      Message 337 of 337 , May 2

        Active is a loose term, but when I last checked, membership was over 7,000.

        On 5/1/17 10:49 PM, John Kantner jkantner@... [pcgen] wrote:
        How many active members of this group are there? Any idea, Andrew?

        On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 9:10 PM, Andrew drew0500@... [pcgen] <pcgen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Eric,

        Those settings were set up before my time, but at a guess, back then we had a lot more people who exhibited troll-like tendencies, started flame wars, and generally didn't play nice with others. Since that really isn't the case any longer, I can turn off the monthly repeating messages.

        Cheers,

        Andrew

        On 5/1/17 4:13 AM, Eric 1ballistic1@... [pcgen] wrote:
        So, is anyone else getting the templated welcome emails every month?
        i'm getting the Welcome, the Greetings from Moderator Monkeys, and the MonkeyTeamsExplained ones over and over.
        Not so much annoying as odd...usually you get this kind of thing once?