Re: Movement rates

  • theryonstormrune
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31, 2005
      Hi there.

      First, grab a copy of the stable 5.8.0. Changes have been made
      throughout the "release candidate" phase to create a stable copy of
      PCGen so there might be things that have changed.

      Second, you can't use any of CMP's datasets (i.e. "Masters of the
      Wild") with version 5.8.0 PCGen. You can only use 5.6.1. Also, not
      sure if you are using the "converted Masters of the Wild" which would
      be 3.5e compliant or the original which is 3.0 only. The RSRD refers
      to 3.5e. So there might be a big mismatch with the sources.

      So, if you're going to test this out, you should d/l 5.8.0. Load the
      complete RSRD. And create your character from fresh that way. Add
      your equipement, etc. and see if the problem still exists.

      If you're needing the "Masters of the Wild" dataset, then you'll need
      to step back to 5.6.1 PCGen along with any pertinent datasets.
      [Meaning that if you're using the converted MotW, then you need to
      use the PHB 3.5 and DMG 3.5 under a 3.5e campaign. If you don't have
      the converted MotW then you'll have to use the 3.0 PHB and DMG under
      a 3.0 campaign.]

      Hope this helps.

      Theryon

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michele" <tux.72@t...> wrote:
      > > 1) PCGen version?
      >
      > 5.8.0 RC 5
      >
      > > 2) Java version?
      >
      > 1.5.0_03
      >
      > > 3) Sources loaded?
      >
      > RSRD 3.5 & Masters of the Wild (the problems keeps going even
      > without the last one).
      >
      > > 4) Strength of the character?
      >
      > 24
      >
      > > 5) Encumbrance of the character? or How much is he carrying?
      >
      > 42 lbs.
      >
      > >High encumberance would both slow the character down as well as
      > >remove the +10 feet movement bonus from barbarian. He's going to
      > >be slowed due to his Chainmail for sure, but that should be from
      > >the 40' (don't remember exactly how much).
      > > 10' does sound really odd. Any boots on that might do movement
      > >changes? Can you upload your PCG to the group?
    • Michele
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
        > Hi there.

        Hi & thanx.

        > First, grab a copy of the stable 5.8.0. Changes have been made
        > throughout the "release candidate" phase to create a stable copy
        of
        > PCGen so there might be things that have changed.

        Uh ok...

        > Second, you can't use any of CMP's datasets (i.e. "Masters of the
        > Wild") with version 5.8.0 PCGen. You can only use 5.6.1. Also,
        not
        > sure if you are using the "converted Masters of the Wild" which
        would
        > be 3.5e compliant or the original which is 3.0 only. The RSRD
        refers
        > to 3.5e. So there might be a big mismatch with the sources.

        As I stated in the first reply the problems comes even without that
        CPM sourcebook.

        Anyway I'm going to try it with the latest RC.
      • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
          > As I stated in the first reply the problems comes even without that
          > CPM sourcebook.
          >
          > Anyway I'm going to try it with the latest RC.

          If you still get this with the Stable 5.8.0 and just the RSRD loaded, would you post your PCG here to the Y! group? That will allow us to look at the character and test.

          Thanks,

          Tir Gwaith
          LST Chimp