Re: [pcgen] Re: [BUG] Quarterstaff unequipable

  • Aaron Sherman
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31 5:57 AM
      On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 08:28, Eddy Anthony wrote:
      > On 5/31/05 7:27 AM, "Aaron Sherman" <ajs@...> wrote:

      > > Feature request: It would be MUCH easier to use PCGen for non-medium
      > > creatures if the items defaulted to the current character's size class
      > > rather than medium. My players and I spent 20 minutes racking our brains
      > > to figure out why the attack bonus for our halfling's mace was off...
      > > only to discover that I'd given him a medium mace.
      >
      > Looking through the docs I see that there is no mention of the customizer in
      > the character creation walkthrough. I'm going the set up a doc tracker to
      > include this and anything else which have not been mentioned.

      Of course, now that you say that, I found the
      Settings->Preferences->PCGen->Equipment->Automatically Generate
      Equipment->Racially Resized Armor, Shields and Clothing ... of course,
      that's a bit tough for the newbie like me to find, so yeah, a
      walk-through note would be great, thanks!

      --
      Aaron Sherman <ajs@...>
      Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith
      Message 2 of 10 , May 31 6:34 AM
        On 5/31/05 8:57 AM, "Aaron Sherman" <ajs@...> wrote:

        >> Looking through the docs I see that there is no mention of the customizer in
        >> the character creation walkthrough. I'm going the set up a doc tracker to
        >> include this and anything else which have not been mentioned.
        >
        > Of course, now that you say that, I found the
        > Settings->Preferences->PCGen->Equipment->Automatically Generate
        > Equipment->Racially Resized Armor, Shields and Clothing ... of course,
        > that's a bit tough for the newbie like me to find, so yeah, a
        > walk-through note would be great, thanks!

        Yeah I think we cover everything item by item in that section but it doesn't
        make it easy. The idea with the walkthrough is to give a first time user a
        thorough run down on it's sometimes particular user interface. The
        customizer is a major feature and is only briefly covered on the Gear Tab
        page. Halflings are a common choice for players so a mention of creating
        small sized equipment is in order.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback