Re: [pcgen] Re: [BUG] Quarterstaff unequipable

  • Aaron Sherman
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31, 2005
      On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 13:49 +0000, sharzuravengem wrote:
      > That was the fix! I made a small Quarterstaff and now I can see the
      > information for it.

      Feature request: It would be MUCH easier to use PCGen for non-medium
      creatures if the items defaulted to the current character's size class
      rather than medium. My players and I spent 20 minutes racking our brains
      to figure out why the attack bonus for our halfling's mace was off...
      only to discover that I'd given him a medium mace.
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 10 , May 31, 2005
        On 5/31/05 7:27 AM, "Aaron Sherman" <ajs@...> wrote:

        > On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 13:49 +0000, sharzuravengem wrote:
        >> That was the fix! I made a small Quarterstaff and now I can see the
        >> information for it.
        >
        > Feature request: It would be MUCH easier to use PCGen for non-medium
        > creatures if the items defaulted to the current character's size class
        > rather than medium. My players and I spent 20 minutes racking our brains
        > to figure out why the attack bonus for our halfling's mace was off...
        > only to discover that I'd given him a medium mace.

        Looking through the docs I see that there is no mention of the customizer in
        the character creation walkthrough. I'm going the set up a doc tracker to
        include this and anything else which have not been mentioned.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 10 , May 31, 2005
          On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 08:28, Eddy Anthony wrote:
          > On 5/31/05 7:27 AM, "Aaron Sherman" <ajs@...> wrote:

          > > Feature request: It would be MUCH easier to use PCGen for non-medium
          > > creatures if the items defaulted to the current character's size class
          > > rather than medium. My players and I spent 20 minutes racking our brains
          > > to figure out why the attack bonus for our halfling's mace was off...
          > > only to discover that I'd given him a medium mace.
          >
          > Looking through the docs I see that there is no mention of the customizer in
          > the character creation walkthrough. I'm going the set up a doc tracker to
          > include this and anything else which have not been mentioned.

          Of course, now that you say that, I found the
          Settings->Preferences->PCGen->Equipment->Automatically Generate
          Equipment->Racially Resized Armor, Shields and Clothing ... of course,
          that's a bit tough for the newbie like me to find, so yeah, a
          walk-through note would be great, thanks!

          --
          Aaron Sherman <ajs@...>
          Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith
          Message 4 of 10 , May 31, 2005
            On 5/31/05 8:57 AM, "Aaron Sherman" <ajs@...> wrote:

            >> Looking through the docs I see that there is no mention of the customizer in
            >> the character creation walkthrough. I'm going the set up a doc tracker to
            >> include this and anything else which have not been mentioned.
            >
            > Of course, now that you say that, I found the
            > Settings->Preferences->PCGen->Equipment->Automatically Generate
            > Equipment->Racially Resized Armor, Shields and Clothing ... of course,
            > that's a bit tough for the newbie like me to find, so yeah, a
            > walk-through note would be great, thanks!

            Yeah I think we cover everything item by item in that section but it doesn't
            make it easy. The idea with the walkthrough is to give a first time user a
            thorough run down on it's sometimes particular user interface. The
            customizer is a major feature and is only briefly covered on the Gear Tab
            page. Halflings are a common choice for players so a mention of creating
            small sized equipment is in order.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback