[BUG 5.8.0] Choose in Feats

  • monch9ph
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30, 2005

      Back in 5.6.1, I used a feat that had the following Tags :

      CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|1
      BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2
      COST:.5

      This combination worked out fine, I was able to choose 2 skills of
      the Knowledge type and they both had a bonus of 2. The cost of .5
      kept it a 1 feat slot. When I opened up the .PCG, it had 2
      occurence of the feat with the APPLIEDTO: on each of the chosen
      skill.

      In the current version, that doesn't seem to work. Opening
      the .PCG, there's only one occurence with no APPLIEDTO: at all.

      Has this feature been changed. How am I supposed to code it now?

      Monch
    • monch9ph
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2005

        Any response?

        Monch

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "monch9ph" <mon.yao@g...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Back in 5.6.1, I used a feat that had the following Tags :
        >
        > CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|1
        > BONUS:SKILL|LIST|2
        > COST:.5
        >
        > This combination worked out fine, I was able to choose 2 skills of
        > the Knowledge type and they both had a bonus of 2. The cost of .5
        > kept it a 1 feat slot. When I opened up the .PCG, it had 2
        > occurence of the feat with the APPLIEDTO: on each of the chosen
        > skill.
        >
        > In the current version, that doesn't seem to work. Opening
        > the .PCG, there's only one occurence with no APPLIEDTO: at all.
        >
        > Has this feature been changed. How am I supposed to code it now?
        >
        > Monch
      • Reed Thornton
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2005
          On 5/31/05, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Any response?
          >
          > Monch

          Are you using a MULT:YES in the feat? As far as I know, the MULT:YES
          is needed to tell the system to save the choices that are made.

          Reed
          QA Silverback
        • monch9ph
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
            I'll check later tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

            Monch

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Reed Thornton <reed.thornton@g...> wrote:
            > On 5/31/05, monch9ph <mon.yao@g...> wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > Any response?
            > >
            > > Monch
            >
            > Are you using a MULT:YES in the feat? As far as I know, the MULT:YES
            > is needed to tell the system to save the choices that are made.
            >
            > Reed
            > QA Silverback
          • Reed Thornton
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
              On 6/1/05, monch9ph <mon.yao@...> wrote:
              > I'll check later tonight. Thanks for the heads up.
              >
              > Monch

              Have you had a chance to look at your file yet?

              Reed
              QA Silverback
            • monch9ph
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2005
                Reed,

                It worked just like you suggested. Seems like there was a little
                change in the syntax because now aside from the MULT:YES, I had to
                set the choose to 2

                CHOOSE:SKILLSNAMED|TYPE.Knowledge|2

                Thanks for the help in this.