[BUG] Quarterstaff unequipable

  • sharzuravengem
    Message 1 of 10 , May 29, 2005
      When equipping the Quarterstaff the location selection pops up the
      chooses are 1.)Carried, 2.) Not carried, & 3.) Container. I would
      think that there should be the choice of "Both hands". I decided to
      choose "Carried", I checked the preveiw and it shows up under the
      weapons area but has "N/A" in all of the fields. Is there somewhere
      it the datat files that I can change this or it this or is this a
      hardcade issue?

      Thanks,
      Richard Keen
    • Andrew Wilson
      Message 2 of 10 , May 29, 2005
        On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 01:18:45PM -0000, sharzuravengem wrote:
        > When equipping the Quarterstaff the location selection pops up the
        > chooses are 1.)Carried, 2.) Not carried, & 3.) Container. I would
        > think that there should be the choice of "Both hands". I decided to
        > choose "Carried", I checked the preveiw and it shows up under the
        > weapons area but has "N/A" in all of the fields. Is there somewhere
        > it the datat files that I can change this or it this or is this a
        > hardcade issue?

        It's working properly for me, what versions of the program, java and
        Operating Sytem are you using?

        andrew
        --
        Aquarius: (Jan. 20 - Feb. 18)
        Though you believe otherwise, it is not healthy to prefer the
        Message 3 of 10 , May 29, 2005
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Wilson <andrew@r...> wrote:
          > On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 01:18:45PM -0000, sharzuravengem wrote:
          > > When equipping the Quarterstaff the location selection pops up the
          > > chooses are 1.)Carried, 2.) Not carried, & 3.) Container. I would
          > > think that there should be the choice of "Both hands". I decided to
          > > choose "Carried", I checked the preveiw and it shows up under the
          > > weapons area but has "N/A" in all of the fields. Is there somewhere
          > > it the datat files that I can change this or it this or is this a
          > > hardcade issue?
          >
          > It's working properly for me, what versions of the program, java and
          > Operating Sytem are you using?
          >
          > andrew
          > --
          > Aquarius: (Jan. 20 - Feb. 18)
          > Though you believe otherwise, it is not healthy to prefer the
          > novels of Henry James to actual human contact.

          Doh! I am running the 5.8.0 Stable, with the Java Script 1.4.2_08,&
          Windows XP Home. I am still using the older Java because I have
          characters that need to use the 5.6.1 PCGen at least unitl they get
          the data sets updated to use the 5.8.0 Stable.

          Richard
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 10 , May 29, 2005
            Sounds like you have a character too small to use it.

            Create one that is sized appropriately for your character and you should be
            able to equip it properly.

            Barak

          • sharzuravengem
            Message 5 of 10 , May 29, 2005
              > Sounds like you have a character too small to use it.
              >
              > Create one that is sized appropriately for your character and you
              should be
              > able to equip it properly.
              >
              > Barak

              The weapon was black and looked to be allowed by my hafling Psion. I
              will try and create a quarterstaff that is sized for a halfing. I dont
              remeber having to do this though in 5.6.1. But it is worth a shot.

              Thanks for the help,
              Richard
            • sharzuravengem
              Message 6 of 10 , May 29, 2005
                That was the fix! I made a small Quarterstaff and now I can see the
                information for it.

                Thanks again!

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "sharzuravengem" <sharzu@s...> wrote:
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@v...> wrote:
                > > Sounds like you have a character too small to use it.
                > >
                > > Create one that is sized appropriately for your character and you
                > should be
                > > able to equip it properly.
                > >
                > > Barak

              • Aaron Sherman
                Message 7 of 10 , May 31, 2005
                  On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 13:49 +0000, sharzuravengem wrote:
                  > That was the fix! I made a small Quarterstaff and now I can see the
                  > information for it.

                  Feature request: It would be MUCH easier to use PCGen for non-medium
                  creatures if the items defaulted to the current character's size class
                  rather than medium. My players and I spent 20 minutes racking our brains
                  to figure out why the attack bonus for our halfling's mace was off...
                  only to discover that I'd given him a medium mace.
                • Eddy Anthony
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 31, 2005
                    On 5/31/05 7:27 AM, "Aaron Sherman" <ajs@...> wrote:

                    > On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 13:49 +0000, sharzuravengem wrote:
                    >> That was the fix! I made a small Quarterstaff and now I can see the
                    >> information for it.
                    >
                    > Feature request: It would be MUCH easier to use PCGen for non-medium
                    > creatures if the items defaulted to the current character's size class
                    > rather than medium. My players and I spent 20 minutes racking our brains
                    > to figure out why the attack bonus for our halfling's mace was off...
                    > only to discover that I'd given him a medium mace.

                    Looking through the docs I see that there is no mention of the customizer in
                    the character creation walkthrough. I'm going the set up a doc tracker to
                    include this and anything else which have not been mentioned.
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 31, 2005
                      On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 08:28, Eddy Anthony wrote:
                      > On 5/31/05 7:27 AM, "Aaron Sherman" <ajs@...> wrote:

                      > > Feature request: It would be MUCH easier to use PCGen for non-medium
                      > > creatures if the items defaulted to the current character's size class
                      > > rather than medium. My players and I spent 20 minutes racking our brains
                      > > to figure out why the attack bonus for our halfling's mace was off...
                      > > only to discover that I'd given him a medium mace.
                      >
                      > Looking through the docs I see that there is no mention of the customizer in
                      > the character creation walkthrough. I'm going the set up a doc tracker to
                      > include this and anything else which have not been mentioned.

                      Of course, now that you say that, I found the
                      Settings->Preferences->PCGen->Equipment->Automatically Generate
                      Equipment->Racially Resized Armor, Shields and Clothing ... of course,
                      that's a bit tough for the newbie like me to find, so yeah, a
                      walk-through note would be great, thanks!

                      --
                      Aaron Sherman <ajs@...>
                      Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 31, 2005
                        On 5/31/05 8:57 AM, "Aaron Sherman" <ajs@...> wrote:

                        >> Looking through the docs I see that there is no mention of the customizer in
                        >> the character creation walkthrough. I'm going the set up a doc tracker to
                        >> include this and anything else which have not been mentioned.
                        >
                        > Of course, now that you say that, I found the
                        > Settings->Preferences->PCGen->Equipment->Automatically Generate
                        > Equipment->Racially Resized Armor, Shields and Clothing ... of course,
                        > that's a bit tough for the newbie like me to find, so yeah, a
                        > walk-through note would be great, thanks!

                        Yeah I think we cover everything item by item in that section but it doesn't
                        make it easy. The idea with the walkthrough is to give a first time user a
                        thorough run down on it's sometimes particular user interface. The
                        customizer is a major feature and is only briefly covered on the Gear Tab
                        page. Halflings are a common choice for players so a mention of creating
                        small sized equipment is in order.
                        --
                        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                        ~ PCGen Content Silverback