Error: "Bad main entry point in pcgen.gui.pcGenGUI..."

  • lluke
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2005
      Hi All,

      I have recently tried to installa nd use PCGen after a long hiatus. I
      get the following error:

      Bad main entry point in pcgen.gui.pcGenGUI
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
      Source)
      at pcgen.core.Main.main(Main.java:76)
      at javax.swing.border.EmptyBorder.<init>(Unknown Source)
      at
      com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsTableHeaderUI$XPDefaultRendere
      r.getTableCellRendererComponent(Unknown Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableHeaderUI.getHeaderRenderer(Unknown S
      ource)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableHeaderUI.getHeaderHeight(Unknown Sou
      rce)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableHeaderUI.createHeaderSize(Unknown So
      urce)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTableHeaderUI.getPreferredSize(Unknown So
      urce)
      at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.ViewportLayout.preferredLayoutSize(Unknown
      Source)
      at java.awt.Container.preferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.ScrollPaneLayout.preferredLayoutSize(Unknown
      Source)
      at java.awt.Container.preferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.GridBagLayout.GetLayoutInfo(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.GridBagLayout.getLayoutInfo(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.GridBagLayout.preferredLayoutSize(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.preferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicSplitPaneUI$BasicHorizontalLayoutManager.
      preferredLayoutSize(Unknown Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicSplitPaneUI.getPreferredSize(Unknown Sour
      ce)
      at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.BorderLayout.preferredLayoutSize(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.preferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at javax.swing.JComponent.getPreferredSize(Unknown Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicSplitPaneUI$BasicHorizontalLayoutManager.
      getPreferredSizeOfComponent(Unknown Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicSplitPaneUI$BasicHorizontalLayoutManager.
      getPreferredSizes(Unknown Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicSplitPaneUI$BasicHorizontalLayoutManager.
      resetToPreferredSizes(Unknown Source)
      at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicSplitPaneUI$BasicHorizontalLayoutManager.
      layoutContainer(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.layout(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.doLayout(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.validateTree(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Container.validate(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Window.show(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Component.show(Unknown Source)
      at java.awt.Component.setVisible(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.gui.pcGenGUI.<init>(pcGenGUI.java:225)
      at pcgen.gui.pcGenGUI.main(pcGenGUI.java:398)
      ... 5 more

      Can anyone help?

      --
      Dave Luke
    • Éric Beaudoin
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28, 2005
        At 17:15 2005.05.28, lluke wrote:
        >Hi All,
        >
        >I have recently tried to installa nd use PCGen after a long hiatus. I
        >get the following error:

        [snip.]

        Hi Dave,

        Can you tell us what OS you use and which PCGen package you have installed?

        Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
        Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
        >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
        <mailto:beaudoer@...>
      • lluke
        Message 3 of 3 , May 28, 2005
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Éric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
          > Can you tell us what OS you use and which PCGen package you have
          installed?

          Sure, WinXP with both the zip file version (pcgen580_full.zip) and the
          installer executable version (pcgen580_win_install.exe) of 5.8.0 Stable.

          Also I tried it with both J2RE 1.5.0_02 (via Windows Update) and the
          1.4.x version (via Sun's web site).

          Thanks.

          --
          Dave