Re: [pcgen] Newbie Help?

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8 5:31 PM
      Hi Bill,

      Quoting Bill Hennenlotter <whennenl@...>:

      > After extracting the latest zipped download (5.8.0 RC8) I searched
      > for the setup.exe file to run. :) Didn't find one. I looked for
      > a 'readme' file in the hopes of finding step-by-step instructions for
      > PCGEN's installation and use. I found reference to executing the
      > pcgen.jar or pcgen.bat files. I tried both and found they had the
      > same effect.
      >
      > I double-clicked the pcgen.jar file and got an error over a jep-
      > 2.24.jar file missing from an absent 'lib' directory. I created
      > a 'lib' directory and made second copies of all the extracted files
      > into said directory. I tried the pcgen.jar file again. After which,
      > while I received no errors, the PCGEN application yielded little in
      > the way of positive reinforcement.

      Its a bit of a stab in the dark, but you wouldn't happen to have one pcgen
      directory with hundreds of files and no sub-directories would you? If so you
      will need to delete this directory and re-extract the zip file but make sure the
      "Use folder names" option is selected.

      Once you do that, hopefully things should go nice and smoothly.

      Cheers,
      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code Gibbon