Re: was RE: [pcgen] Re: Red Wizard of Thay not supported?

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 15 , May 4, 2005
      Paul W. King wrote:

      > I'll try and explain what everyone is talking about since you're a newbie
      > here.

      Can we please, please put an explanation like this in a more prominent
      place in the documentation?

      Stefan.
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 15 , May 4, 2005
        [ 1195049 ] acronyms defined
        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1195049&group_id=66
        204&atid=513778

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
        > I'll try and explain what everyone is talking about since you're a
        newbie
        > here.

        Can we please, please put an explanation like this in a more prominent
        place in the documentation?
      • Kent P
        Message 3 of 15 , May 4, 2005
          You will need to get the Forgotten Realms Campaign files to have the
          Tattoo Focus Feat available. That is likely also where you will find
          Red Wizard compatibility.

          http://www.codemonkeypublishing.com/xcart/home.php?cat=316 is as good
          a starting place as any to review the available sets. They are
          inexpensive and useful, though you are stuck using an older version of
          PCGen until they update to 5.8, hopefully in the near future.

          Kent
          (Probably the Kent you're thinking of, but not necessarily. I accept
          no responsibility if you've mistaken me for someone else.)

          On 5/3/05, kingdutka <kingdutka@...> wrote:
          > So can we ever expect to see any support for thr Red Wizard, or is it
          > out of the question? I *just* got my PCGen app last week, so I am new
          > to all this stuff and don't know all the technical abbreviations you
          > guys are using. (I got PHB, DMG, & MM, but don't know the rest)
          >
          > Do you have a link to the code monkey's "official" files, will they
          > work as a direct plugin to pcgen, and how much are they?
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kingdutka" <kingdutka@y...> wrote:
          > > I was looking through the available classes and I see most of the
          > > Prestige Classes from the DM's guide, but I don't see "Red Wizard"
          > > (Page 149 DM's Guide 3.5E).
          > >
          > > I guess I noticed this because my friend has an evoker he is wishing
          > > to make into a Red Wizard, and he has all the pre-requisites except
          > > for Tattoo Focus. I was trying to find the Tattoo Focus feat, but it
          > > is not there. So then I thought, "Maybe we have to give him the Red
          > > Wizard level first", but that wouldn't make sense because he can't
          > > even be a Red Wizard withouth the Tattoo Focus feat.
          > >
          > > So, there are some things missing that I would very much like to see
          > > implemented.... Please bring in Red Wizard compatibility! Thanks, and
          > > keep up the great work!

          > PCGen's FAQ:
          > http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 15 , May 4, 2005
            > Any material that WotC did not place in the various Reference
            > Documents is not available for 3rd party publishers to use.

            Slight clarification. WotC has created 3 books, to my knowledge, that
            contain OGC that are not part of the various reference documents. MM2,
            d20 Weapons Locker and Unearthed Arcana.

            Paul W. King
            TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 15 , May 4, 2005
              On 5/4/05 1:53 PM, "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

              > Slight clarification. WotC has created 3 books, to my knowledge, that
              > contain OGC that are not part of the various reference documents. MM2,
              > d20 Weapons Locker and Unearthed Arcana.

              MM2? Monster Manual 2?
              Really, which parts are OGL?
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 15 , May 4, 2005
                > MM2? Monster Manual 2?
                > Really, which parts are OGL?

                The last 2 monsters IIRC.

                Paul W. King
                TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
              • Jay
                Message 7 of 15 , May 16, 2005
                  They probably aern't in the 3.5 d20 SRD. No Forgotten Realms material
                  is, and therefore you won't find it in PCGen.