Re: [BUG] Greater Strength spawns

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 16 , May 2, 2005
      > Sorry, sorry. Don't flame me. You're quite right. It's an epic Feat

      Try it under PCGen 5.6.1 and only the CMP datasets loaded. If it
      doesn't work there, then you'll need to tell CMP that it doesn't work.
      The datasets distributed with PCGen are not compatible with the CMP
      datasets.

      Paul W. King
      TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2005
        Hi Hugh,

        Quoting Hugh Foster <hugh@...>:

        > A character has taken the feat Greater Strength twice. When I save,
        > and then reload on another day, I find about 16 occurrences have added
        > to the feat, resulting in a strength of about 40!
        >
        > This is 5.8.0-RC3, under 3e.

        I fixed a bug that was very similar to this a few versions ago (probably after
        RC3). It affected bonus feats that had a choice of some form. Could you try this
        out with 5.8.0 RC7 please?

        Cheers,
        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code Gibbon
      • andargor
        Message 3 of 16 , May 10, 2005
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@e...> wrote:
          > > > A character has taken the feat Greater Strength twice.
          > >
          > > What datasets do you have loaded? I did RC7 with the complete RSRD
          > > loaded, but could not find this feat.
          >
          > Ya' know Great Strength is the epic feat that adds +1 to strength.
          > That's likely what he's refering to.
          >
          > If the feat is from the CMP Epic Handbook selection you need to post
          > this on CMP's website. Also, just FYI, their stuff won't be be 5.8
          > compliant until after the final 5.8 release so that could be the issue.
          >
          > If it's with the test epic rsrd lst set from experimental, could you
          > post this message there so that Andargor will know to look at it.

          I just spotted this. Is there a problem?

          Myself and hopefully taluroniscandar will restart epic dataset
          development after 5.8.0 (probably after RC15 :D ), implementing any
          LST changes.

          Andargor
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 16 , May 10, 2005
            On 5/10/05 10:22 AM, "andargor" <andargor@...> wrote:

            >> If it's with the test epic rsrd lst set from experimental, could you
            >> post this message there so that Andargor will know to look at it.
            >
            > I just spotted this. Is there a problem?
            >
            > Myself and hopefully taluroniscandar will restart epic dataset
            > development after 5.8.0 (probably after RC15 :D ), implementing any
            > LST changes.
            >
            > Andargor

            I just tested this with the Epic set from experimental using RC8 and could
            not reproduce the issue, I don't think there's anything to worry about.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            Message 5 of 16 , May 10, 2005
              > >> If it's with the test epic rsrd lst set from experimental, could you
              > >> post this message there so that Andargor will know to look at it.
              > >
              > > I just spotted this. Is there a problem?
              > >
              > > Myself and hopefully taluroniscandar will restart epic dataset
              > > development after 5.8.0 (probably after RC15 :D ), implementing any
              > > LST changes.
              > >
              > > Andargor
              >
              > I just tested this with the Epic set from experimental using RC8 and
              could
              > not reproduce the issue, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

              I think (but am not sure) he was using the CMP EpicLH files with 58RC7
              and so getting strange results.
            • Hugh Foster
              Message 6 of 16 , May 11, 2005
                > I think (but am not sure) he was using the CMP EpicLH files with 58RC7
                > and so getting strange results.

                Quite correct - I was - and have apologized for the FP of raising a
                CMP one here :)

                Out of interest, it seems they plan to update the sets to coincide
                with the release of 5.8.real and if that cures it I'll post so - in
                case anyone eelse has this problem but daren't say :)

                --

                Hugh Foster
                hugh@...

                11/05/2005 8:06:22 AM
              • Hugh Foster
                Message 7 of 16 , May 11, 2005
                  > I think (but am not sure) he was using the CMP EpicLH files with 58RC7
                  > and so getting strange results.

                  Another point I just noticed. If I try and dial the character in to a
                  plain PCGEN (rc6 was handy) without the CMP set it refuses to go over
                  level 20 - says "Maximum level reached" which is aggravating when your
                  players are 35th level.

                  Do I guess right that Epic is SRD in 3.5 (which I haven't got) but not
                  in 3.0 (which we play)?

                  In which case I will have to suffer on with the bought dataset and
                  live with the oddnesses?

                  NOTE THIS IS NOT A MISPLACED CMP QUESTION but a query about Epic
                  support in PCG between 3.0 and 3.5! [don't wanna start that again!]

                  --

                  Hugh Foster
                  hugh@...

                  11/05/2005 5:55:50 PM
                • Paul W. King
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 11, 2005
                    > Another point I just noticed. If I try and dial the character in to
                    > a plain PCGEN (rc6 was handy) without the CMP set it refuses to go
                    > over level 20 - says "Maximum level reached" which is aggravating
                    > when your players are 35th level.

                    Do you have the 'Ignore Level Cap' flag set in Preferences?

                    > Do I guess right that Epic is SRD in 3.5 (which I haven't got) but
                    > not in 3.0 (which we play)?

                    That is correct, Epic information was added to the RSRD, not the SRD.
                    The SRD only got portions of the 3.0 PHB, DMG, MM and PsiHB.

                    > In which case I will have to suffer on with the bought dataset and
                    > live with the oddnesses?

                    If you want 3.0 Epic without having to code it yourself, than yes, I
                    think your only other option would be to buy it from CMP.

                    Paul W. King
                    TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
                  • Barak
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 11, 2005
                      Just fix the feat so that it works properly.

                      It currently has "BONUS:STAT|STR|1*COUNT[FEATNAME=Great Strength]" which is
                      how it had to be done when the set was constructed.

                      It needs to be changed to "BONUS:STAT|STR|1"

                      Barak

                    • Hugh Foster
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 12, 2005
                        > If you want 3.0 Epic without having to code it yourself, than yes, I
                        > think your only other option would be to buy it from CMP.

                        That's what I thought - and what I did! - just exploring if there were
                        more compatible ways to fix it.

                        I'll try Barak's suggestion :)

                        --

                        Hugh Foster
                        hugh@...

                        12/05/2005 9:21:49 AM
                      • Hugh Foster
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 12, 2005
                          > Just fix the feat so that it works properly.
                          >
                          > It currently has "BONUS:STAT|STR|1*COUNT[FEATNAME=Great Strength]" which is
                          > how it had to be done when the set was constructed.
                          >
                          > It needs to be changed to "BONUS:STAT|STR|1"
                          >
                          > Barak

                          I will try that - thanks :)

                          Yay - looks like it works!

                          --

                          Hugh Foster
                          hugh@...
                          http://www.ace-dog.com
                          Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. (Thomas Paine)

                          12/05/2005 9:24:47 AM