Re[4]: [pcgen] [BUG] and [FREQ] - Keen and Edit Gear

  • Hugh Foster
    Message 1 of 15 , May 2, 2005
      > +10? There is no plus 10 under standard rules, weapons can only be enhanced
      > up +5. I've made an enhanced longsword from +1-+5 and Keen shows up just
      > fine.
      >
      > Are you using a custom file to get a +10 enhancement? If so maybe it's not
      > adding the Enhancement type which is what Keen is looking for to qualify.

      Ah. That's a good point, as I am using the CMP ELH kit to get the +10
      weapon. However, I just tried it with a

      Longsword (+5 (Enhancement to Weapon or Ammunition)/Masterwork)

      as produced by the autogenerate function, and it still isn't there.

      Interesting. Take a non-magic Longsword, add Masterwork, then +5, and
      Keen appears! Add it, take off +5, add +10... done. Strange, but a
      workaround

      --

      Hugh Foster
      hugh@...

      02/05/2005 3:07:55 PM
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 15 , May 2, 2005
        > Ah. That's a good point, as I am using the CMP ELH kit to get the
        > +10 weapon. However, I just tried it with a
        >
        > Longsword (+5 (Enhancement to Weapon or Ammunition)/Masterwork)
        >
        > as produced by the autogenerate function, and it still isn't there.
        >
        > Interesting. Take a non-magic Longsword, add Masterwork, then +5,
        > and Keen appears! Add it, take off +5, add +10... done. Strange,
        > but a workaround

        I think your issue is that you're trying to mix CMP files with the
        files distributed with PCGen. These data files are not compatible.
        Further, the CMP files are built on the most recent stable, which is
        5.6.1, which may be causing you further troubles.

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
      • Hugh Foster
        Message 3 of 15 , May 3, 2005
          OK, now I am cautiously raising my head after that blunder... I'll go
          back to the second point are
          there any plans for an ability to edit existing custom items please?

          --

          Hugh Foster
          hugh@...

          03/05/2005 8:17:43 AM
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 15 , May 3, 2005
            I typically do edit the already custom made items if they get enhanced
            further. What version of PCGen are you using that you can't edit a custom
            item?

            Paul W. King
            TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
            OK, now I am cautiously raising my head after that blunder... I'll go
            back to the second point are there any plans for an ability to edit
            existing custom items please?
          • taluroniscandar
            Message 5 of 15 , May 3, 2005
              Really?

              I could never get that to work and gave up long ago.

              I guess I should try it in 5.8

              Message 6 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                > I typically do edit the already custom made items if they get enhanced
                > further. What version of PCGen are you using that you can't edit a custom
                > item?

                5.8.0-RC3

                --

                Hugh Foster
                hugh@...
                http://www.ace-dog.com
                Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough.

                03/05/2005 1:16:22 PM
              • Hugh Foster
                Message 7 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                  > I typically do edit the already custom made items if they get enhanced
                  > further. What version of PCGen are you using that you can't edit a custom
                  > item?

                  There isn't a LST editor and there's no Edit or Properties if I
                  right-click the item in the character's inventory. How do you manage
                  it?

                  --

                  Hugh Foster
                  hugh@...
                  http://www.ace-dog.com
                  Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough.

                  03/05/2005 1:19:11 PM
                • Paul W. King
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                    > There isn't a LST editor and there's no Edit or Properties if I
                    > right-click the item in the character's inventory. How do you manage
                    > it?

                    Oh, guess I misunderstood you. I've not edited the item in the
                    character's inventory. I edit the custom item in the gear section and
                    then add the new item over. If you add to a an item, you have a new
                    item.

                    Paul W. King
                    TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
                  • Chris
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                      > There isn't a LST editor and there's no Edit or Properties if I
                      > right-click the item in the character's inventory. How do you manage
                      > it?

                      Take it out of the characters inventory, edit it and then put it back
                      (note I'm at work and can't check that, but I think it will work).

                      The only other thing I can think of is that you're trying to modify
                      something with a MODS:NO tag attached to it...

                      Barak