Re: Re[2]: [pcgen] [BUG] and [FREQ] - Keen and Edit Gear

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 15 , May 2 6:36 AM
      On 5/2/05 9:16 AM, "Hugh Foster" <hugh@...> wrote:

      >>> What are you trying to add it to? It only shows up if the item
      >>> qualifies. IOW, it must be Masterwork, Enhanced (at least +1) and of
      >>> the proper type (slashing I believe...)
      >>
      >> In 3.5 piercing is also valid IIRC.
      >
      > Sorry - should have said - Longsword,MW - added +10, no Keen
      >
      > 3.0 standard

      +10? There is no plus 10 under standard rules, weapons can only be enhanced
      up +5. I've made an enhanced longsword from +1-+5 and Keen shows up just
      fine.

      Are you using a custom file to get a +10 enhancement? If so maybe it's not
      adding the Enhancement type which is what Keen is looking for to qualify.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 15 , May 2 6:51 AM
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Foster <hugh@a...> wrote:
        > >> What are you trying to add it to? It only shows up if the item
        > >> qualifies. IOW, it must be Masterwork, Enhanced (at least +1)
        and of
        > >> the proper type (slashing I believe...)
        > >
        > > In 3.5 piercing is also valid IIRC.
        >
        > Sorry - should have said - Longsword,MW - added +10, no Keen
        >
        > 3.0 standard

        The files distributed with pcgen do not have a +10 enhancement as that
        is epic and epic support will be added in 5.9.

        So either the +10 is custom code or CMP Epic Handbook.

        If CMP go there and ask.

        If custom check the lst file with the +10 and ensure that it adds the
        TYPE "Enhancement". If it's an older custom file it probably needs to
        be updated because older pcgens used a different type to key that the
        weapon is magic'd (at one point it was Magic, and another it was
        MagicalEnhancement or some such).
      • Hugh Foster
        Message 3 of 15 , May 2 7:43 AM
          > +10? There is no plus 10 under standard rules, weapons can only be enhanced
          > up +5. I've made an enhanced longsword from +1-+5 and Keen shows up just
          > fine.
          >
          > Are you using a custom file to get a +10 enhancement? If so maybe it's not
          > adding the Enhancement type which is what Keen is looking for to qualify.

          Ah. That's a good point, as I am using the CMP ELH kit to get the +10
          weapon. However, I just tried it with a

          Longsword (+5 (Enhancement to Weapon or Ammunition)/Masterwork)

          as produced by the autogenerate function, and it still isn't there.

          Interesting. Take a non-magic Longsword, add Masterwork, then +5, and
          Keen appears! Add it, take off +5, add +10... done. Strange, but a
          workaround

          --

          Hugh Foster
          hugh@...

          02/05/2005 3:07:55 PM
        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 15 , May 2 7:50 AM
            > Ah. That's a good point, as I am using the CMP ELH kit to get the
            > +10 weapon. However, I just tried it with a
            >
            > Longsword (+5 (Enhancement to Weapon or Ammunition)/Masterwork)
            >
            > as produced by the autogenerate function, and it still isn't there.
            >
            > Interesting. Take a non-magic Longsword, add Masterwork, then +5,
            > and Keen appears! Add it, take off +5, add +10... done. Strange,
            > but a workaround

            I think your issue is that you're trying to mix CMP files with the
            files distributed with PCGen. These data files are not compatible.
            Further, the CMP files are built on the most recent stable, which is
            5.6.1, which may be causing you further troubles.

            Paul W. King
            TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
          • Hugh Foster
            Message 5 of 15 , May 3 12:41 AM
              OK, now I am cautiously raising my head after that blunder... I'll go
              back to the second point are
              there any plans for an ability to edit existing custom items please?

              --

              Hugh Foster
              hugh@...

              03/05/2005 8:17:43 AM
            • Paul W. King
              Message 6 of 15 , May 3 2:41 AM
                I typically do edit the already custom made items if they get enhanced
                further. What version of PCGen are you using that you can't edit a custom
                item?

                Message 7 of 15 , May 3 4:33 AM
                  Really?

                  I could never get that to work and gave up long ago.

                  I guess I should try it in 5.8

                  Message 8 of 15 , May 3 5:16 AM
                    > I typically do edit the already custom made items if they get enhanced
                    > further. What version of PCGen are you using that you can't edit a custom
                    > item?

                    5.8.0-RC3

                    --

                    Hugh Foster
                    hugh@...
                    http://www.ace-dog.com
                    Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough.

                    03/05/2005 1:16:22 PM
                  • Hugh Foster
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 3 5:19 AM
                      > I typically do edit the already custom made items if they get enhanced
                      > further. What version of PCGen are you using that you can't edit a custom
                      > item?

                      There isn't a LST editor and there's no Edit or Properties if I
                      right-click the item in the character's inventory. How do you manage
                      it?

                      --

                      Hugh Foster
                      hugh@...
                      http://www.ace-dog.com
                      Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough.

                      03/05/2005 1:19:11 PM
                    • Paul W. King
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 3 5:28 AM
                        > There isn't a LST editor and there's no Edit or Properties if I
                        > right-click the item in the character's inventory. How do you manage
                        > it?

                        Oh, guess I misunderstood you. I've not edited the item in the
                        character's inventory. I edit the custom item in the gear section and
                        then add the new item over. If you add to a an item, you have a new
                        item.

                        Paul W. King
                        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
                      • Chris
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 3 5:30 AM
                          > There isn't a LST editor and there's no Edit or Properties if I
                          > right-click the item in the character's inventory. How do you manage
                          > it?

                          Take it out of the characters inventory, edit it and then put it back
                          (note I'm at work and can't check that, but I think it will work).

                          The only other thing I can think of is that you're trying to modify
                          something with a MODS:NO tag attached to it...

                          Barak