[BUG] and [FREQ] - Keen and Edit Gear

  • Hugh Foster
    Message 1 of 15 , May 2, 2005
      Two in one (value!)

      The option to add "Keen" to a weapon isn't in the customizer

      It would be really really useful if you could edit characters'
      existing custom items. Everytime they add an enchantment, I have to
      recreate the blasted item from scratch.

      02/05/2005 12:15:25 PM
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 15 , May 2, 2005
        > Two in one (value!)
        >
        > The option to add "Keen" to a weapon isn't in the customizer

        What are you trying to add it to? It only shows up if the item
        qualifies. IOW, it must be Masterwork, Enhanced (at least +1) and of
        the proper type (slashing I believe...)

        Barak
      • Stefan Radermacher
        Message 3 of 15 , May 2, 2005
          Chris wrote:

          > What are you trying to add it to? It only shows up if the item
          > qualifies. IOW, it must be Masterwork, Enhanced (at least +1) and of
          > the proper type (slashing I believe...)

          In 3.5 piercing is also valid IIRC.

          Stefan.
        • Hugh Foster
          Message 4 of 15 , May 2, 2005
            >> What are you trying to add it to? It only shows up if the item
            >> qualifies. IOW, it must be Masterwork, Enhanced (at least +1) and of
            >> the proper type (slashing I believe...)
            >
            > In 3.5 piercing is also valid IIRC.

            Sorry - should have said - Longsword,MW - added +10, no Keen

            3.0 standard

            --

            Hugh Foster
            hugh@...

            02/05/2005 2:08:08 PM
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 15 , May 2, 2005
              On 5/2/05 9:16 AM, "Hugh Foster" <hugh@...> wrote:

              >>> What are you trying to add it to? It only shows up if the item
              >>> qualifies. IOW, it must be Masterwork, Enhanced (at least +1) and of
              >>> the proper type (slashing I believe...)
              >>
              >> In 3.5 piercing is also valid IIRC.
              >
              > Sorry - should have said - Longsword,MW - added +10, no Keen
              >
              > 3.0 standard

              +10? There is no plus 10 under standard rules, weapons can only be enhanced
              up +5. I've made an enhanced longsword from +1-+5 and Keen shows up just
              fine.

              Are you using a custom file to get a +10 enhancement? If so maybe it's not
              adding the Enhancement type which is what Keen is looking for to qualify.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Foster <hugh@a...> wrote:
                > >> What are you trying to add it to? It only shows up if the item
                > >> qualifies. IOW, it must be Masterwork, Enhanced (at least +1)
                and of
                > >> the proper type (slashing I believe...)
                > >
                > > In 3.5 piercing is also valid IIRC.
                >
                > Sorry - should have said - Longsword,MW - added +10, no Keen
                >
                > 3.0 standard

                The files distributed with pcgen do not have a +10 enhancement as that
                is epic and epic support will be added in 5.9.

                So either the +10 is custom code or CMP Epic Handbook.

                If CMP go there and ask.

                If custom check the lst file with the +10 and ensure that it adds the
                TYPE "Enhancement". If it's an older custom file it probably needs to
                be updated because older pcgens used a different type to key that the
                weapon is magic'd (at one point it was Magic, and another it was
                MagicalEnhancement or some such).
              • Hugh Foster
                Message 7 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                  > +10? There is no plus 10 under standard rules, weapons can only be enhanced
                  > up +5. I've made an enhanced longsword from +1-+5 and Keen shows up just
                  > fine.
                  >
                  > Are you using a custom file to get a +10 enhancement? If so maybe it's not
                  > adding the Enhancement type which is what Keen is looking for to qualify.

                  Ah. That's a good point, as I am using the CMP ELH kit to get the +10
                  weapon. However, I just tried it with a

                  Longsword (+5 (Enhancement to Weapon or Ammunition)/Masterwork)

                  as produced by the autogenerate function, and it still isn't there.

                  Interesting. Take a non-magic Longsword, add Masterwork, then +5, and
                  Keen appears! Add it, take off +5, add +10... done. Strange, but a
                  workaround

                  --

                  Hugh Foster
                  hugh@...
                  http://www.ace-dog.com
                  The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our change.

                  02/05/2005 3:07:55 PM
                • Paul W. King
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                    > Ah. That's a good point, as I am using the CMP ELH kit to get the
                    > +10 weapon. However, I just tried it with a
                    >
                    > Longsword (+5 (Enhancement to Weapon or Ammunition)/Masterwork)
                    >
                    > as produced by the autogenerate function, and it still isn't there.
                    >
                    > Interesting. Take a non-magic Longsword, add Masterwork, then +5,
                    > and Keen appears! Add it, take off +5, add +10... done. Strange,
                    > but a workaround

                    I think your issue is that you're trying to mix CMP files with the
                    files distributed with PCGen. These data files are not compatible.
                    Further, the CMP files are built on the most recent stable, which is
                    5.6.1, which may be causing you further troubles.

                    Paul W. King
                    TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD
                  • Hugh Foster
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                      OK, now I am cautiously raising my head after that blunder... I'll go
                      back to the second point are
                      there any plans for an ability to edit existing custom items please?

                      --

                      Hugh Foster
                      hugh@...

                      03/05/2005 8:17:43 AM
                    • Paul W. King
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                        I typically do edit the already custom made items if they get enhanced
                        further. What version of PCGen are you using that you can't edit a custom
                        item?

                        Message 11 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                          Really?

                          I could never get that to work and gave up long ago.

                          I guess I should try it in 5.8

                          Message 12 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                            > I typically do edit the already custom made items if they get enhanced
                            > further. What version of PCGen are you using that you can't edit a custom
                            > item?

                            5.8.0-RC3

                            --

                            Hugh Foster
                            hugh@...
                            http://www.ace-dog.com
                            Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough.

                            03/05/2005 1:16:22 PM
                          • Hugh Foster
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                              > I typically do edit the already custom made items if they get enhanced
                              > further. What version of PCGen are you using that you can't edit a custom
                              > item?

                              There isn't a LST editor and there's no Edit or Properties if I
                              right-click the item in the character's inventory. How do you manage
                              it?

                              --

                              Hugh Foster
                              hugh@...
                              http://www.ace-dog.com
                              Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough.

                              03/05/2005 1:19:11 PM
                            • Paul W. King
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                                > There isn't a LST editor and there's no Edit or Properties if I
                                > right-click the item in the character's inventory. How do you manage
                                > it?

                                Oh, guess I misunderstood you. I've not edited the item in the
                                character's inventory. I edit the custom item in the gear section and
                                then add the new item over. If you add to a an item, you have a new

                                Message 15 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                                  > There isn't a LST editor and there's no Edit or Properties if I
                                  > right-click the item in the character's inventory. How do you manage
                                  > it?

                                  Take it out of the characters inventory, edit it and then put it back
                                  (note I'm at work and can't check that, but I think it will work).

                                  The only other thing I can think of is that you're trying to modify
                                  something with a MODS:NO tag attached to it...

                                  Barak