Re: [EDDY][DEVON]RE: [pcgen] [Bug] Attack and Damage bonuses not correct for AArcher

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 28, 2005
      On 4/28/05 11:29 AM, "theryonstormrune" <theryonstormrune@...>
      wrote:

      > PCGen is not
      > applying the Arcane Archer's enhancement bonus at all even on mundane
      > equipment and the basic feats (the first 3 feats are pre-req for AA).

      You are correct, the data has never been coded to apply that bonus which is
      why it is listed as an SA. As a general rule bonuses which can be applied by
      PCGen are not listed in the SA and vice versa.

      In this case there are conditionals which make it difficult to set the bonus
      from the class file, first the bonus applies to ammunition and you can't set
      that bonus in a class the same way you can with a weapon proficiency. The
      bonus could be set vie the bow weapon proficiency but then it becomes
      incorrect if you load the bow with magic ammunition, thus it's set as an SA.

      The one way I have found to work around this is to create an EQMOD which can
      be used to customize non-magical ammunition and when loaded in a bow
      reflects the correct bonuses. Here's what I came up with if anyone wants to
      give it a try:

      Arcane Archer Enhancement
      KEY:ARCANE_ARCHER_AMMO
      TYPE:Ammunition
      COST:0
      VISIBLE:QUALIFY
      !PRETYPE:Enhancement
      BONUS:WEAPON|DAMAGE,TOHIT|ArrowEnhancement|TYPE=Enhancement

      Notice that it picks up the enhancement from the same VAR which sets the SA
      so this same item is just normal ammo to any character without Arcane Archer
      levels. Please let me know if there is support for including this in the 5.8
      release, it is just a one line addition to the EQMOD file so I don't think
      anyone would have a problem adding it.

      Also please let me know if anyone sees an issue with this code, thanks.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 28, 2005
        On 4/28/05 3:20 PM, "Chris" <barak@...> wrote:

        >> bonuses even in 3.5 mode, the only solution to that is to wait for
        >> CMP to update for 5.8.
        >
        > Was that a data fix Eddy or what? I kinda lost track of that whole
        > discussion.
        >
        > Barak

        Code bug, Here it is:

        [ 1175424 ] ammo stacking in 3.5 ed