[Bug] Attack and Damage bonuses not correct for AArcher

  • theryonstormrune
    Message 1 of 34 , Apr 21, 2005
      I decided to try the 5.8.0rc6 with my Arcane Archer. Now the archer
      is in a FRCS campaign but uses standard gear and standard feats to
      3.5e.

      Since I have quite a few CMP datasets, I tried this first under 5.6.1
      with the CMP datasets. When I discovered that the bonuses were wrong
      there, I figured that I'd try with 5.8.0rc6. Still wrong as far as I
      can see. (And it was only with the bows. The sword bonuses were
      correct.)

      TestGuy is +6/+1/+9 ranger/wizard/arcane archer. With his equipment
      and level, his BAB Ranged is +22/+17/+12. This is correct using PnP
      and PCGen. He's a 9th level AA which allows him to enchant arrows at
      +5/+5. He has a bow which is a +2 Mighty Composite Longbow (+4 STR)
      with Icy Burst. He has Greater Bracers of Archery (competency
      bonus!). He has both Point Blank and Weapon Focus (Longbow) feats.

      Calculating Atk: +22 (BAB) + 5 (AA enchant) + 2 (Bracer) + 1 (Weap
      Focus) + 1 (Point Blank) = +31/+26/+21 standard full round attack
      within 30'. PCGen shows +28/+25/+18. As far as the rules go, I
      think everything should stack except for the initial +2 on the bow
      because of the Archer's enchantment.

      Calculating Dmg: +4 (STR) + 5 (AA enchant) + 1 (Bracer) + 1 (Point
      Blank) = 1d8+11 base damage within 30' (+1d6 cold). PCGen is showing
      1d8+8 (+1d6 cold).

      I'm not sure why it's doing this. Equipment pieces of note are:
      Gloves of Dexterity (+4) and Belt of Giant Strength (+4). His stats
      at lvl 16 are 16/20/16/12/14/14 before applying the two items
      (20/24/16/12/14/14 after).

      Am I calculating it incorrectly or is PCGen?

      Theryon
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 28, 2005
        On 4/28/05 3:20 PM, "Chris" <barak@...> wrote:

        >> bonuses even in 3.5 mode, the only solution to that is to wait for
        >> CMP to update for 5.8.
        >
        > Was that a data fix Eddy or what? I kinda lost track of that whole
        > discussion.
        >
        > Barak

        Code bug, Here it is:

        [ 1175424 ] ammo stacking in 3.5 ed