Re: [pcgen] Bugs and enhancement requests

  • Robert Hilson
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 5, 2001
      ((4. There should be a warning when the Close or Quit button is clicked.))I
      don�t care, if I hit the button I hit it on purpose

      ((8. Classes should not be included in either the skill.lst or spell.lst
      files. New .lst files should be created to create the associative
      relationship. For example, a class_skill.lst file would have all
      of the skills available for the classes. This change will allow
      users to trade new base and prestige classes without having to do
      massive edits to the .lst files for each new class added to their
      system.)) don�t agree, much typeing and id rather have bryan working on other
      things than reorganizing stuff. You have to also think the info needs moved
      and the program need to know where to find it

      ((19. Combat tab should allow for Adds/Subs to ability scores and show
      the ability modifiers.)) I disagree, unless its for str to show total att bonus
      rather than base id rather not clutter it up

      ((26. Create multiple sets of Equipped Items so that the appropriate
      modifiers can be applied. When equipping, allow the user to
      select which hand a weapon will be in.)) I agree, only 3 though a pri combat,
      sec combat and ranged, however that�s 3 versions, which is shown on combat tab?

      ((30. Instead of putting CAMPAIGN tags in all of the .lst files, use
      subdirectories. Have a Campaigns.lst file list all of the Names
      and directory names. This will allow players to trade Campaigns
      without a large number of changes to the .lst files.))I don�t agree I think it
      will take too much time.

      =====
      Robert Hilson
      http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=11428864

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • mocha@mcs.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 5, 2001
        --- In pcgen@egroups.com, "John Pyrich" <pyrich@c...> wrote:
        > Hello all!
        >
        > Before I start, I just want to remind Bryan that he *asked* for
        > this. :-) I also want to thank Bryan again for *all* of the hard
        > work. The program looks great. It's even got me thinking about
        > writing a Java-based plugin.
        >
        > That said here's my list of bugs and enhancement requests. The
        list
        > is *not* ordered. The numbering is merely to denote a new
        > bug/request.
        >
        > I'll try to be brief, but that means that I might not explain
        myself
        > well. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

        Ok, from now on I'm going to start ignoring email from you! ;)
        Did I really ask for this??? I suppose I did... anyway, here
        are my initial responses:

        > 1. Clicking 'New' on the Equip tab returns this error. The New
        > Character Tab is displayed just before the error. When I
        > continue, the Equipment tab on the new character is displayed.
        >
        > java.lang.NumberFormatException:
        > F|.125,D|.25,T|.5,S|.75,L|2,H|4,G|8,C|16

        Definitely a bug. Curious that it is trying to make a double out
        of the size categories (that's what the F D and whatnot are with
        their respective weights). I'll fix this for my next release.

        > 2. When selecting a domain from the drop down list on the Spells
        tab.

        > java.lang.NullPointerException
        > at PCGen.spellTypeComboBox_selectedIndexChanged

        Hm, I thought I might break something when I revamped the Spells
        tab but I thought I had tested pretty thoroughly. Apparently not
        well enough! I'll fix this one as well.

        > 3. The weight of club is zero.

        I don't have my PHB here so I can't verify, but why would a club
        weight 0?

        > 4. There should be a warning when the Close or Quit button is
        clicked.

        I've thought about doing that. It's simple enough but for me
        fairly low priority. I'll probably do this at some point but only
        as a finishing touch, and with the rate new features/bugs come in
        I doubt I'll ever get there! ;)

        > 5. There should be a Cancel button on the Language Selection Window.

        Technically there is if you click on the 'x'. But your point is
        taken.

        > 6. When removing a language which was added using skill points,
        the
        > skill points are not added back.

        This I don't think I'll do. I don't keep track of how you got
        a Language - due to intelligence or skill. That's partly why
        I made skill points editable.

        > 7. When clicking 'Max Rank' on the Speak Language skill, one window
        is
        > opened for each language rank. It would be better if the window
        > opened and the number of languages available was set at the
        maximum
        > available.

        Ah - true. This is easy enough to fix.

        > 8. Classes should not be included in either the skill.lst or
        spell.lst
        > files. New .lst files should be created to create the
        associative
        > relationship. For example, a class_skill.lst file would have all
        > of the skills available for the classes. This change will allow
        > users to trade new base and prestige classes without having to do
        > massive edits to the .lst files for each new class added to their
        > system.

        From a strictly object-oriented perspective you're correct. It's nice
        to keep objects as free of dependency on other objects as possible.
        However that shouldn't be prohibitive. In this case I don't think
        I'll change because additional files to contains cross-references
        to the other files would be more confusing and the amount of work
        would be the same as keeping the class references in the skill and
        spell lst files. You'd also have to put in a class_spell.lst file
        every spell that a cleric can cast and what level it is and so forth
        for every class, duplicating a lot of spells. It seems a lot more
        straight forward (to me) to simply list in the spell.lst file who
        all can cast it and what level it is for them. You bring up a good
        point about the ability to share lst files when there are so many
        interdepencies - I'll have to think about this some more, but I think
        the way I do things now is probably the way it will remain. I may
        need to add more error checking to make sure that if people add
        lst files and don't get all the references right that PCGen won't
        crash or be unusable.

        > 9. Skills (e.g. Craft, Profession, Knowledge) should be allowed to
        > point to a secondary list of skills that would pop in a selection
        > window. This would prevent clutter in the skills list while at
        > the same time allow for any Synergies to be added (e.g.
        Profession
        > (Herbalist) 5 ranks = +2 Heal).

        Actually I have something like this on my list. I know how I'll do
        it (at least I think it will work), just haven't gotten to it yet.
        I'll expand/contract skills with the same name (you'd only see all
        the Knowledge skills if you clicked on the Knowledge skill, and
        they'd disappear again once you clicked on a different skill).

        > 10. Half ranks for cross-class skills can not be purchased.

        Is this permissable? I guess it isn't clear, but I only keep
        track of ranks. I could make that a float instead of an int, but
        I didn't think it was allowed in the rules.

        > 11. Can not delete an added (not default) spellbook.

        I spent so much time on Add that I guess I didn't get Delete to
        work. Go figure! I'll put this in my bug list as well.

        > 12. In the View Equipment Window, the 'P' column header is missing,
        > but the data is in the grid. As a result, the data does not
        match
        > the column headings.

        Right you are! Another one for my bug list.

        > 13. Equipment tab: Display Equipped items and Display Proficient
        > items options.

        Ah - I guess that would be nice, wouldn't it? Makes sense, so I'll
        add this to my list.

        > 14. Will not allow the Extra Turning feat to be selected multiple
        > times.

        You're right! This surprises me because I have the MULT:YES and
        STACKS:YES parameters set in the feat.lst file. That obviously isn't
        working as I thought it would...

        > 15. Spells tab allows for the knowledge and memorization of a
        > restricted school (school: Conjuration, spell: Mage Armor)

        Hm, I really only need to check before you put it in your Default
        spellbook since you can only place spells in your other books if it's
        in there. This will be added to my list as well.

        > 16. Put number of times memorized in the text of the spell as well.

        I've thought about this, an easy fix, just haven't done it yet.

        > 17. Spells tab is very confusing. The term "spellbook" is being
        > used to refer to a set of memorized spells and does not reflect
        > what is in a caster's actual spellbook. You might want to
        > consider splitting the current functionality between two
        separate
        > tabs: Spells Known and Spells Memorized.

        I can see your point, but I think I'd like to keep it all in one
        tab. What I'll probably do is have a title above where your selected
        spells are say "Spells you Know" when you have the Default spellbook
        selected, and change the title to "Spells you've Memorized" when
        a different spellbook is selected. Maybe, if I have the time,
        I'll let you bring up a window which will display an entire spell
        book at once instead of level by level. That wouldn't take much
        time, just other things are higher priority.

        > 18. The About and Combat tabs should really be on the Main tab.

        Yup. Does kind of break the horizontal tabs are a reference to
        a particular PC thing, doesn't it? I am planning on doing this,
        just low priority compared to actual functionality.

        > 19. Combat tab should allow for Adds/Subs to ability scores and show
        > the ability modifiers.

        Maybe I should have 2 modes - compact and expanded - or maybe simply
        allow users to hide columns they're not interested in. That and
        the ability to sort any tables by clicking on any column header
        are things I plan on getting to, but probably will go to the
        bottom of my heap until I've added all the functionality I have
        in mind.

        > 20. There should be a way to flag a skill, either on the character
        or
        > in the .lst file to always print (e.g. Listen, Spot, Search).

        Oh - that's a good idea. Easy to do!

        > 21. Combat tab: flag on character to note that the Player Notes
        exist.

        Another good idea!

        > 22. Equipping a Greatclub and attempting to generate a PCSheet,
        > causes an error with no description of the error.

        Hm, I'll definitely have to fix that as well.

        > 23. For Monks (at least) the STR modifier adds to damage. It is
        also
        > a x2 crit and should be noted somewhere (screen and PCSheet).

        I'll add this to my list as well.

        > 24. Any weapon of a character's size or larger, wielded two handed
        > gets 150% STR modifier to damage. Smaller weapons do not get
        the
        > bonus.

        Actually, I think it's only if the weapon is the same size as the
        character (one handed used with two hands). I thought I had
        supported this, but maybe not. I'll have to see if it's working.

        > 25. Add a Templates.lst file to allow for one, or many, Templates
        > be added to a character. These would include base templates
        > (e.g. Vampire, Lycanthrope) and user defined Templates.

        That shouldn't be too hard - just define the templates as classes.
        I haven't looked at it too much, but should be easy enough to do
        even if it requires a little tweaking.

        > 26. Create multiple sets of Equipped Items so that the appropriate
        > modifiers can be applied. When equipping, allow the user to
        > select which hand a weapon will be in.

        I'm not sure which hand is very important. I'm more interested in
        the penalties if you fight with two weapons. What do you mean by
        appropriate modifiers for multiple sets of equipped items?

        > 27. Add a Hit Modifier to Weapons to account for masterwork and
        magic
        > weapons. Can also be applied to armor as well if there is a
        need
        > to have the modifier separate from the AC modifier.

        Yup, just haven't gotten there yet. I plan on supporting magical
        items before I'm done.

        > 28. If you add languages via a skill *before* you select your bonus
        > languages, the languages added via skill will reduce the number
        of
        > the character's bonus languages.

        Really? I'll have to fix that.

        > 29. Support for Paladin's Mount. Treat as a familiar?

        Familiars are something I'd like to do, but not a necessity. If I
        have time... ;)

        > 30. Instead of putting CAMPAIGN tags in all of the .lst files, use
        > subdirectories. Have a Campaigns.lst file list all of the Names
        > and directory names. This will allow players to trade Campaigns
        > without a large number of changes to the .lst files.

        That's not a bad idea. Have the lst files in the main directory, and
        have the lst files in the subdirectory either override or completely
        replace the choices from the main directory. Hmmmm....

        > Now back to testing! :-)

        Thanks! You've certainly given me a lot to ponder!

        -Bryan
      • John Pyrich
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 8, 2001
          --- In pcgen@egroups.com, mocha@m... wrote:

          >> 3. The weight of club is zero.
          > I don't have my PHB here so I can't verify, but why would a club
          > weight 0?

          Whoops. I *knew* that I'd end up word something poorly. The weight
          of "Club" in the .lst files is zero. It should be 3lbs.

          >> 4. There should be a warning when the Close or Quit button is
          >> clicked.
          > I've thought about doing that. It's simple enough but for me
          > fairly low priority. I'll probably do this at some point but only
          > as a finishing touch, and with the rate new features/bugs come in
          > I doubt I'll ever get there! ;)

          :-) I agree that this is not a priority.

          >> 6. When removing a language which was added using skill points,
          >> the skill points are not added back.

          > This I don't think I'll do. I don't keep track of how you got
          > a Language - due to intelligence or skill. That's partly why
          > I made skill points editable.

          It's not really a priority. However, you definitely want to mention
          it in the Known Issues section of the documentation if you do not fix
          the issue.

          >> 8. Classes should not be included in either the skill.lst or
          >> spell.lst files.

          > From a strictly object-oriented perspective you're correct. It's
          > nice to keep objects as free of dependency on other objects as
          > possible. However that shouldn't be prohibitive.

          I agree.

          > In this case I don't think
          > I'll change because additional files to contains cross-references
          > to the other files would be more confusing and the amount of work
          > would be the same as keeping the class references in the skill and
          > spell lst files.

          Actually adding a class that someone has already created would be a
          *lot* less work with what I propose. You simply cut-and-paste the
          class info into the class.lst, class_skills.lst and class_spells.lst
          files and you're done. The current design makes me manually edit
          every skill and spell for the new class.

          > You'd also have to put in a class_spell.lst file every spell that a
          > cleric can cast and what level it is and so forth for every class,
          > duplicating a lot of spells.

          You'd definitely have more records in that file, but what you lose in
          storage you gain in flexibility.

          >> 10. Half ranks for cross-class skills can not be purchased.

          > Is this permissable? I guess it isn't clear, but I only keep
          > track of ranks. I could make that a float instead of an int, but
          > I didn't think it was allowed in the rules.

          Yes it is permissible. You can buy the half rank, but it does not
          affect any rolls until you get a full rank.

          >> 24. Any weapon of a character's size or larger, wielded two handed
          >> gets 150% STR modifier to damage. Smaller weapons do not get
          >> the bonus.

          > Actually, I think it's only if the weapon is the same size as the
          > character (one handed used with two hands). I thought I had
          > supported this, but maybe not. I'll have to see if it's working.

          It's also the same for two handed weapons as well which would be one
          size greater than the character (e.g. Human w/ Greatsword, Halfling
          with Longsword).

          >> 26. Create multiple sets of Equipped Items so that the appropriate
          >> modifiers can be applied. When equipping, allow the user to
          >> select which hand a weapon will be in.

          > I'm not sure which hand is very important. I'm more interested in
          > the penalties if you fight with two weapons.

          There needs to be a way to designate the off-hand weapon in an
          equipped pair. Perhaps this is just the second weapon added to an
          equipped pair and the program would know based upon that? Other than
          that there's no much need to know other than the few times when a
          character needs to fight with an off hand.

          > What do you mean by appropriate modifiers for multiple sets of
          > equipped items?

          The appropriate modifers would be be different based upon which hand
          (or both) that a weapon is in, feats, and Str/Dex Mods. Examples are
          Two Weapons, Weapon Focus, Weapon Finese, Str Mod (x1 or x1.5?), Dex
          Mod, etc.

          >> 29. Support for Paladin's Mount. Treat as a familiar?

          > Familiars are something I'd like to do, but not a necessity. If I
          > have time... ;)

          I agree, but if you do...

          > Thanks! You've certainly given me a lot to ponder!

          No problem. Thanks for PCgen. It's a great program and I'm sure
          that it's just going to get better.

          John
        • mocha@mcs.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 8, 2001
            --- In pcgen@egroups.com, "John Pyrich" <pyrich@c...> wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@egroups.com, mocha@m... wrote:
            >
            > >> 3. The weight of club is zero.
            > > I don't have my PHB here so I can't verify, but why would a club
            > > weight 0?
            >
            > Whoops. I *knew* that I'd end up word something poorly. The weight
            > of "Club" in the .lst files is zero. It should be 3lbs.

            I'm looking in the equipment.lst file, and a Club as WT:3, which
            is what you say it should be. Are you looking in an older version?

            > >> 8. Classes should not be included in either the skill.lst or
            > >> spell.lst files.
            >
            > > From a strictly object-oriented perspective you're correct. It's
            > > nice to keep objects as free of dependency on other objects as
            > > possible. However that shouldn't be prohibitive.
            >
            > I agree.
            >
            > > In this case I don't think
            > > I'll change because additional files to contains cross-references
            > > to the other files would be more confusing and the amount of work
            > > would be the same as keeping the class references in the skill and
            > > spell lst files.
            >
            > Actually adding a class that someone has already created would be a
            > *lot* less work with what I propose. You simply cut-and-paste the
            > class info into the class.lst, class_skills.lst and class_spells.lst
            > files and you're done. The current design makes me manually edit
            > every skill and spell for the new class.
            >
            > > You'd also have to put in a class_spell.lst file every spell that a
            > > cleric can cast and what level it is and so forth for every class,
            > > duplicating a lot of spells.
            >
            > You'd definitely have more records in that file, but what you lose in
            > storage you gain in flexibility.

            Hm, I'll give it more thought, but I think you've convinced me.
            I don't think this would actually be that hard to do - basically
            stripping out the class string from the skill.lst and spell.lst
            files. I would still need some way in the class_spell.lst file to
            indicate what level each spell is for each class. Maybe you just
            have level lists for each class (0-9) and all spells in the list
            are assumed to be of the same level. It would add two more lst
            files and make the whole shebang somewhat larger in size, but for
            swapping stuff with others it keeps you from having to get a copy
            of the class.lst, skill.lst and spell.lst file when all you really
            want is a class someone else has added. I'll add this to my list,
            though currently I think fixing Bugs and getting the Campaign
            stuff to work are my highest present priorities.

            > >> 10. Half ranks for cross-class skills can not be purchased.
            >
            > > Is this permissable? I guess it isn't clear, but I only keep
            > > track of ranks. I could make that a float instead of an int, but
            > > I didn't think it was allowed in the rules.
            >
            > Yes it is permissible. You can buy the half rank, but it does not
            > affect any rolls until you get a full rank.

            Okay - this is a trivial change, but if it's in the rules, I'll
            make it work.

            > >> 26. Create multiple sets of Equipped Items so that the appropriate
            > >> modifiers can be applied. When equipping, allow the user to
            > >> select which hand a weapon will be in.
            >
            > > I'm not sure which hand is very important. I'm more interested in
            > > the penalties if you fight with two weapons.
            >
            > There needs to be a way to designate the off-hand weapon in an
            > equipped pair. Perhaps this is just the second weapon added to an
            > equipped pair and the program would know based upon that? Other than
            > that there's no much need to know other than the few times when a
            > character needs to fight with an off hand.
            >
            > > What do you mean by appropriate modifiers for multiple sets of
            > > equipped items?
            >
            > The appropriate modifers would be be different based upon which hand
            > (or both) that a weapon is in, feats, and Str/Dex Mods. Examples are
            > Two Weapons, Weapon Focus, Weapon Finese, Str Mod (x1 or x1.5?), Dex
            > Mod, etc.

            Currently PCGen will automatically assign the lighter of the two
            weapons to your off-hand. I think I take into account all the
            relevant Feats and ability mods when determining your modified
            chance to hit when using two weapons, and for using a weapon in
            two hands. Whether or not that logic entirely works is another
            matter... ;)

            Thanks for your insights John! I'm glad you like PCGen and I hope
            you keep giving me good ideas! Just try to keep them to less than
            30 at a time... ;)

            -Bryan
          • Robert Hilson
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 8, 2001
              ok i felt i had to assist in the explanation. if you look at the wizards
              program (i wont even name it) you can select multiple things to fight as. for
              example one set of "stats/info" for fighting bare handed, one for with a staff,
              and one for with a crossbow. this would represent other possipable combat
              situations easily.

              =====

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 8, 2001
                --- In pcgen@egroups.com, Robert Hilson <okuth0r@y...> wrote:
                > ok i felt i had to assist in the explanation. if you look at the wizards
                > program (i wont even name it) you can select multiple things to fight as. for
                > example one set of "stats/info" for fighting bare handed, one for with a staff,
                > and one for with a crossbow. this would represent other possipable combat
                > situations easily.

                Ok - I see what you're getting at. I think what I need to do is
                to provide a way to select what's in each hand (shield, weapon
                or nothing). But where? In the Equipment tab? That's really just supposed to be like the general store where you buy stuff and not related to calculating any combat-type statistics. Maybe another tab - like Combat (I'd move the existing Combat tab to the Main
                tab where I'll also have the Campaign selections) where you could
                select what's in each hand and PCGen could then give you your
                applicable bonus to hit/damage due to the selections. It would
                display the info in the same layout that I have in my character sheet, so you could see range, crit multiplier, damage, etc.
                How does that sound?

                -Bryan
              • Martin Brabander
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 8, 2001
                  John Pyrich wrote:

                  > >> 10. Half ranks for cross-class skills can not be purchased.
                  >
                  > > Is this permissable? I guess it isn't clear, but I only keep
                  > > track of ranks. I could make that a float instead of an int, but
                  > > I didn't think it was allowed in the rules.
                  >
                  > Yes it is permissible. You can buy the half rank, but it does not
                  > affect any rolls until you get a full rank.

                  This is important in character planning. Since the rules say you can't
                  store skill points, people can put half a rank in a cross-skill they
                  desire now, (with no improvement to the skill) and the next point when
                  they go up a level.

                  Martin
                • Robert Hilson
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 8, 2001
                    i had reccomended a equip screen before, if you did that you could do layouts,
                    ie a scren with sword shiels, ring of regen and ring of spell turning, then
                    template 2 has just longsword, ring of mind shield, and ring of nondetection
                    (examples and dont even know if they exsist) this would take a approiate
                    display in the csheet, and may even be optional, its just that with a active
                    tool (like our great pcgen) its hard to pencil in the -1 to ac cause the
                    fighter dropped his shield, or changed from sword to mace since skeletens take
                    more damage that way (2ed sorry just a apparent example) really chack the
                    wizards program, the phb had one. on the equip screen with weaponc you could
                    equip multiple.

                    =====

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 8, 2001
                      --- In pcgen@egroups.com, mocha@m... wrote:

                      > I'm looking in the equipment.lst file, and a Club as WT:3, which
                      > is what you say it should be. Are you looking in an older version?

                      Never mind. This was the first thing that I found and it was before
                      I noticed that the 'P' column header was not appearing in the View
                      Items window. It looked like there was no weight because the column
                      headers were shifted. I should have double checked that one. Sorry.

                      > Hm, I'll give it more thought, but I think you've convinced me.
                      > I don't think this would actually be that hard to do - basically
                      > stripping out the class string from the skill.lst and spell.lst
                      > files. I would still need some way in the class_spell.lst file to
                      > indicate what level each spell is for each class. Maybe you just
                      > have level lists for each class (0-9) and all spells in the list
                      > are assumed to be of the same level.

                      Would it be problematic to allow for multiple records for the same
                      spell level? That way the user is not limited to putting all of the
                      spells for a level in one record. Just a thought.

                      > It would add two more lst
                      > files and make the whole shebang somewhat larger in size, but for
                      > swapping stuff with others it keeps you from having to get a copy
                      > of the class.lst, skill.lst and spell.lst file when all you really
                      > want is a class someone else has added.

                      It works even better if you get classes from two seperate people. In
                      addition, you can have genre specific .lst files for players to start
                      with. If the whole d20 system works there will likely be many genres
                      popping up a-la GURPS.

                      > I'll add this to my list,
                      > though currently I think fixing Bugs and getting the Campaign
                      > stuff to work are my highest present priorities.

                      Makes sense to me. Bugs are my only priority.

                      > Thanks for your insights John! I'm glad you like PCGen and I hope
                      > you keep giving me good ideas!

                      No prob. I have a knack for breaking things. :-)

                      > Just try to keep them to less than 30 at a time... ;)

                      Ok.

                      (Note to self... if there are more than 30 issues, send two emails.)

                      ;-)

                      John
                    • John Pyrich
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 8, 2001
                        --- In pcgen@egroups.com, mocha@m... wrote:

                        > --- In pcgen@egroups.com, Robert Hilson <okuth0r@y...> wrote:
                        >> ok i felt i had to assist in the explanation. if you look at the
                        >> wizards program (i wont even name it) you can select multiple
                        >> things to fight as. for example one set of "stats/info" for
                        >> fighting bare handed, one for with a staff, and one for with a
                        >> crossbow. this would represent other possipable combat
                        >> situations easily.

                        Thanks Robert. That's exactly where I was going.

                        > Ok - I see what you're getting at. I think what I need to do is
                        > to provide a way to select what's in each hand (shield, weapon
                        > or nothing). But where? [snip]

                        > Maybe another tab - like Combat (I'd move the existing Combat tab
                        > to the Main tab where I'll also have the Campaign selections) where
                        > you could select what's in each hand and PCGen could then give you
                        > your applicable bonus to hit/damage due to the selections. It would
                        > display the info in the same layout that I have in my character
                        > sheet, so you could see range, crit multiplier, damage, etc.
                        > How does that sound?

                        It might clutter up the Combat tab a lot, but if it works that would
                        be great. However, it still leaves the PC Sheet unresolved. I think
                        that Robert's Equip tab option (explained in a later email) would be
                        better. If that tab is created, I'd like there to be no fixed limit
                        on the number of Equip Sets.

                        John