Re: [pcgen] Re: Possible Bug [was: Another CHOOSE problem]

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2005
      From: "taluroniscandar" <mhgj@...>
      To: <pcgen@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 1:40 PM
      Subject: [pcgen] Re: Possible Bug [was: Another CHOOSE problem]

      > Just to confirm: did you go through the full aspect of adding a
      > Longarm weapon prof? Changing to the Weapon prof file, creating the
      > feat and changing the weapon file?

      Not really. I tried CHANGEPROF but it didn't work.

      I can't just .MOD the weapons, because the Proficiency that is supposed to cover them in Modern is "PersonalFirearm" or is it possible to give a weapon proficiency 2 TYPES ? But even so, "Longarm" is not defined in the GameMode.

      To make clear what I am trying to do: I need to CHOOSE a Weapon of a certain Weapon-TYPE and then give a BONUS to its proficiency-TOHIT.

      What made me think that a bug might be involved was that when I use CHOOSE:WEAPONPROF with the weapon-TYPE "Longarm" instead of a weapon-proficiency-TYPE, I get the CHOOSE-window that I want, but the 1st choice is disregarded and I get a 2nd CHOOSE-window with the same choices, except for the one I made in the 1st window.

      So PCGen seems to instinctively know what I want, it just gets a hiccup when doing it.

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Data Lemur