Re: [pcgen] d20 Modern Mutations

  • John Rudd
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
      On Apr 3, 2005, at 8:07 PM, Eddy Anthony wrote:

      > John Rudd scribed:
      >
      >> There should probably be a "Extra Mutation Points" feat, that grants a
      >> single mutation point, and can be taken multiple times (and stacks).
      >> So that a GM can grant free mutations, or bestow mutations under
      >> various circumstances.
      >
      > There is a temporary bonus available in the Temporary Bonus Tab when
      > you
      > have mutations applied which will remove all limitations (in terms of
      > Drawbacks required). I put this in specifically for this reason, We
      > can't do
      > the feat you describe above because it does not exist in the source
      > material.

      1) Ok, so it seems that I can't take a drawback, select it, and then
      have the bonus be visible in the bonus tab. Instead, it looks like I
      have to select a 0 point mutation, then go to the bonus tab, and then I
      can see the bonus. THEN I can go back to the Feat tab and remove the 0
      point mutation, and still see the bonus in the bonus tab. Again,
      that's rather hackish behavior. I shouldn't have to have a mutation
      (especially a mutation my character wont actually have, at any point,
      in the game world -- the mutation exists purely for the point of
      tricking PCGen into doing the right thing) in order to get the mutation
      points bonus.

      2) The bonus doesn't work. I still can't buy even a 1 point mutation.

      3) If I add the bonus twice, and remove one of the instances, both
      disappear.

      4) The bonus value should be editable.

      (#3 and #4 combine to create a situation where I MUST add 100 mutation
      points to my character ... if my GM granted me a 3 point mutation, I
      can't just add 3 points to the character and add the mutation, I have
      to 100 points and then take the mutation ... leaving me with the
      ability to add 97 more points of mutations; this also throws off any
      ability to track the mutations if I later become a full mutant and need
      to balance my mutation points; instead, PCGen should allow me to add a
      specific number of mutation points to my character, and do so multiple
      times (so that I can have multiple "gift mutations")).