Re: [pcgen] Weird Jump Skill Bug

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005

      On 2/04/2005 11:24 AM anissagerdts wrote

      >Hello,
      >Love the program, but there is a strange bug that's been happening with
      >the last few releases including rc4 - For most, but not all, of the new
      >characters I create, for some reason I'm getting around -15 to -20 to
      >the base jump score. My work around is to create a template that grants
      >a boost to jump, but it's kind of odd...

      Things to check include the load the character has and their movement
      speed. Armour could also cause this.

      You can see what makes up the skill modifier in the Skill Info pane on
      the bottom left of the skills tab. It will only show if the modifier
      value is not zero and the preference is turned on in Settings >
      Preferences then Appearance > Display Options and the option is called
      "Show skill modifier breakdown". It is last in the list.

      Cheers,
      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code Gibbon
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "anissagerdts" <anissagerdts@p...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > Love the program, but there is a strange bug that's been happening
        with
        > the last few releases including rc4 - For most, but not all, of the
        new
        > characters I create, for some reason I'm getting around -15 to -20 to
        > the base jump score. My work around is to create a template that
        grants
        > a boost to jump, but it's kind of odd...

        Assuming you are in 3.5 mode

        Are you checking base speed, speeds below 30 get a penalty
        Are you encumbered by armor, ACcheck is a penalty
        Do you have a heavy load?

        Paul G.
      • anissagerdts
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
          Ah ha! I got it. I was using a custom race I created for my Drow,
          which I've modified slightly, and for whatever reason, when I created
          the race it defaulted the speed to 0. Fixing that fixes the problem.
          Thanks!
          -Anissa