Weird Jump Skill Bug

  • anissagerdts
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hello,
      Love the program, but there is a strange bug that's been happening with
      the last few releases including rc4 - For most, but not all, of the new
      characters I create, for some reason I'm getting around -15 to -20 to
      the base jump score. My work around is to create a template that grants
      a boost to jump, but it's kind of odd...
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005

        On 2/04/2005 11:24 AM anissagerdts wrote

        >Hello,
        >Love the program, but there is a strange bug that's been happening with
        >the last few releases including rc4 - For most, but not all, of the new
        >characters I create, for some reason I'm getting around -15 to -20 to
        >the base jump score. My work around is to create a template that grants
        >a boost to jump, but it's kind of odd...

        Things to check include the load the character has and their movement
        speed. Armour could also cause this.

        You can see what makes up the skill modifier in the Skill Info pane on
        the bottom left of the skills tab. It will only show if the modifier
        value is not zero and the preference is turned on in Settings >
        Preferences then Appearance > Display Options and the option is called
        "Show skill modifier breakdown". It is last in the list.

        Cheers,
        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code Gibbon
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "anissagerdts" <anissagerdts@p...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          > Love the program, but there is a strange bug that's been happening
          with
          > the last few releases including rc4 - For most, but not all, of the
          new
          > characters I create, for some reason I'm getting around -15 to -20 to
          > the base jump score. My work around is to create a template that
          grants
          > a boost to jump, but it's kind of odd...

          Assuming you are in 3.5 mode

          Are you checking base speed, speeds below 30 get a penalty
          Are you encumbered by armor, ACcheck is a penalty
          Do you have a heavy load?

          Paul G.
        • anissagerdts
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
            Ah ha! I got it. I was using a custom race I created for my Drow,
            which I've modified slightly, and for whatever reason, when I created
            the race it defaulted the speed to 0. Fixing that fixes the problem.
            Thanks!
            -Anissa