Re: [pcgen] Re: CMP's Non-d20, non-OGL game set?

  • Aaron Sherman
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1, 2005
      On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 23:05, Paul wrote:

      > it's allways fun to speculate and create wild theories.
      > Especially like the ones that CMP is taking the world over in 1.35
      > years, Hah, that's one is good.

      Cutting and pasting from today's Reuters newswire feed:

      NEW YORK April 1, 2005 - Today several ambassadors to the UN from
      smaller nations announced that the next major release cycle out of
      little-known software and role playing game rules publisher, Code Monkey
      Publishing (CMP) would include data files for the PCGen and Etools
      products representing these countries' new constitutions. From that
      point on, all legal matters in these countries will be decided by
      "rolling up a character" that represents each of the parties involved
      and acting out a free-for-all combat using strangely shaped dice to
      resolve the dispute.

      It was also noted that military research in these nations will be
      converted over to data-file customization as building weapons of mass
      destruction is quite a bit less expensive when you just have to add a
      few characters to a file. Noted Burma's representitive, "and the best
      part is that the United States is much less likely to invade us for
      shipping out data files... as long as we don't include any copyrighted
      music in them."

      > But seriously, Shadowrun is making some MAJOR changes with their 4th
      > edition, and it looks like it might be way more compatible with PCGen's
      > code than currently. Maybe' it's Shadowrun 4th edition? :)

      No sense of adventure ;-)

      --
      Aaron Sherman <ajs@...>
      Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1, 2005
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Sherman <ajs@a...> wrote:
        > On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 23:05, Paul wrote:
        >
        > > it's allways fun to speculate and create wild theories.
        > > Especially like the ones that CMP is taking the world over in 1.35
        > > years, Hah, that's one is good.
        >
        > Cutting and pasting from today's Reuters newswire feed:
        >
        > snip lots o words<

        And people thought I couldn't pull off Total World Domination in under
        5 years!

        I SCOFF AT YOU ALL!!!

        Scoff, scoff!

        *grin*