Question for those that use the Oathbound dataset

  • Paul Grosse
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
      Okay, now I have a question for those of you that use the Oathbound
      dataset. I've been using it almost since Ruemere came out with it and
      I'm having to do some updates to it because some of the NPC's use
      items/abilities that aren't listed anywhere. But I was also looking at
      the templates. Using the Prestige Race templates was always tricky for
      me because I never could keep straight what template was for what Focus.

      So I was going to rename the templates to Focus of X (x), but the only
      problem with that is if I include it with the regular release (which I
      would like to do) that will break every existing Oathbound character
      that has a PrR. I could do it with OUTPUTNAME:, but that will only show
      up on the OS and doesn't really address my issue of using them in the
      program. So what is everyone else's opinion? Is it okay if I possibly
      break their characters inorder to make it clearer for a user?
      Note: all that will need to be done to fix it is reapply the appropriate
      template before leveling up.

      Paul "Yes that Paul" Grosse
      PCGen BoD OGL Silverback & LST Lemur-in-training
      ICQ: 14397299
      AO: Nylan
      CoH:Nylan Neblett
      Various forums: Nylan (or Nylanfs)

      "I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted paychecks"
    • Paul Grosse
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2005
        No thoughts/objections?

        Paul G.