Re: Questions about output text

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Sherman <ajs@a...> wrote:
      > When an item has "Icy Burst", what does the +%1d10 mean? It shows up in
      > the preview output as "+-1d10", which I hope isn't right! ;-)

      That's the +xd10 for when the weapon bursts.

      The amount of damage on burst is based on the crit mod of the weapon.
      The +%1d10 is where it's being calculated.

      The preview must not be calc'ing/displaying correctly.

      > This one I'm pretty sure is a bug: A fighter's martial weapon
      > proficiency shows up in the preview output with the description, "select
      > a martial weapon", which is not correct. Fighters are proficient with
      > ALL martial weapons, aren't they?

      Sounds like bugs in the preview screen.

      Which version/RC are you using? I know someone was fixing areas in the
      preview as recently as RC2.
    • Aaron Sherman
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
        On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 08:03, taluroniscandar wrote:

        > Sounds like bugs in the preview screen.
        >
        > Which version/RC are you using? I know someone was fixing areas in the
        > preview as recently as RC2.

        This is all RC4.

        Steps to repeat:

        * Create new character
        * Add 1 fighter level
        * Go to equip screen, select weapon->standard->longsword for
        customization
        * Add: Masterwork, +2 enh, Icy Burst
        * Buy item and then equip it in primary
        * Go to preview screen to see both the martial weapon proficiency
        description and the details for the new item.

        --
        Aaron Sherman <ajs@...>
        Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith