Questions about output text

  • Aaron Sherman
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
      When an item has "Icy Burst", what does the +%1d10 mean? It shows up in
      the preview output as "+-1d10", which I hope isn't right! ;-)

      This one I'm pretty sure is a bug: A fighter's martial weapon
      proficiency shows up in the preview output with the description, "select
      a martial weapon", which is not correct. Fighters are proficient with
      ALL martial weapons, aren't they?
    • taluroniscandar
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Sherman <ajs@a...> wrote:
        > When an item has "Icy Burst", what does the +%1d10 mean? It shows up in
        > the preview output as "+-1d10", which I hope isn't right! ;-)

        That's the +xd10 for when the weapon bursts.

        The amount of damage on burst is based on the crit mod of the weapon.
        The +%1d10 is where it's being calculated.

        The preview must not be calc'ing/displaying correctly.

        > This one I'm pretty sure is a bug: A fighter's martial weapon
        > proficiency shows up in the preview output with the description, "select
        > a martial weapon", which is not correct. Fighters are proficient with
        > ALL martial weapons, aren't they?

        Sounds like bugs in the preview screen.

        Which version/RC are you using? I know someone was fixing areas in the
        preview as recently as RC2.
      • Aaron Sherman
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
          On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 08:03, taluroniscandar wrote:

          > Sounds like bugs in the preview screen.
          >
          > Which version/RC are you using? I know someone was fixing areas in the
          > preview as recently as RC2.

          This is all RC4.

          Steps to repeat:

          * Create new character
          * Add 1 fighter level
          * Go to equip screen, select weapon->standard->longsword for
          customization
          * Add: Masterwork, +2 enh, Icy Burst
          * Buy item and then equip it in primary
          * Go to preview screen to see both the martial weapon proficiency
          description and the details for the new item.

          --
          Aaron Sherman <ajs@...>
          Senior Systems Engineer and Toolsmith