Re: [pcgen] [Docs] .CLEAR tag update

  • Éric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2005
      At 23:54 2005.03.31, Eddy Anthony wrote:
      >Éric Beaudoin scribed:
      >
      >> See the file "Fun Tricks with SA and DEFINE tags v1.2.pdf" in the "Files >
      >> Additionnal Documentation" section of PCGenListFileHelp for some explanations
      >> and examples about .CLEAR, SA and the ().
      >
      >I'll check it out, mind if I add it to the list file class section?

      It was freely given so you do what you want with it :-). I might even still have the .doc file that I used to generate the PDF somewhere if you want it.

      You should be aware that it is a bit dated. I'm not sure everything sugested in there is still state of the art. For example, the SA now accept the PRExxx tags and that should always be prefered to using the 0 value var trick.

      Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
      >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>
    • Zevious
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2005
        My understanding for the existence of the multiple ways of doing .CLEAR is
        the fact that with some tags, you can only have one instance in a given
        object. So TAG:.CLEAR & TAG:ADD would fail with it either ignoring one or
        with an error.

        Zev