Re: [pcgen] [Docs] .CLEAR tag update

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2005
      James Dempsey scribed:

      > What version was this syntax option added in? If it was in the 5.7 series, we
      > should be able to eliminate it without breaking too many homebrew files. It
      > would be really nice to be able to drop this one.

      I can't tell you that but I do think it was changed, I try and test the
      stuff I document as best I can and I do remember working on the .CLEAR entry
      about a year ago and at that time I believe it worked as it is described in
      the docs currently (at least with TYPE) so TYPE:.CLEAR.Simple eliminates the
      Simple type, now that same tag clears all the types and ADDs simple.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 31, 2005
        Éric Beaudoin scribed:

        > See the file "Fun Tricks with SA and DEFINE tags v1.2.pdf" in the "Files >
        > Additionnal Documentation" section of PCGenListFileHelp for some explanations
        > and examples about .CLEAR, SA and the ().

        I'll check it out, mind if I add it to the list file class section?
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 31, 2005
          At 23:54 2005.03.31, Eddy Anthony wrote:
          >Éric Beaudoin scribed:
          >
          >> See the file "Fun Tricks with SA and DEFINE tags v1.2.pdf" in the "Files >
          >> Additionnal Documentation" section of PCGenListFileHelp for some explanations
          >> and examples about .CLEAR, SA and the ().
          >
          >I'll check it out, mind if I add it to the list file class section?

          It was freely given so you do what you want with it :-). I might even still have the .doc file that I used to generate the PDF somewhere if you want it.

          You should be aware that it is a bit dated. I'm not sure everything sugested in there is still state of the art. For example, the SA now accept the PRExxx tags and that should always be prefered to using the 0 value var trick.

          Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
          Release Monkey and Syntax Watchdog
          >> In space, no one can hear you sleep.
          <mailto:beaudoer@...>
        • Zevious
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1 7:30 AM
            My understanding for the existence of the multiple ways of doing .CLEAR is
            the fact that with some tags, you can only have one instance in a given
            object. So TAG:.CLEAR & TAG:ADD would fail with it either ignoring one or
            with an error.

            Zev