Re: [Trackered] [pcgen] Re: [BUG] 58rc4 Enchanted ammo not stacking with weapon bonus

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
      On 3/31/05 4:54 PM, "Chris" <barak@...> wrote:

      >> You learn something new everyday, I did not know up until I tried it
      >> just now that ammo loaded in a weapon transferred its bonus to the
      >> weapon block, totally cool!
      >
      > One of the things Tir and I came up with that worked out rather well if
      > I do say so myself. :)

      Kudo's!

      This may be a code issue, or a combination since Data will need a way to
      turn it on and off. the two bonuses to the weapon and ammo are from the same
      EQMOD and have TYPE=Enhancement so theoretically should not stack, however
      they do, so this is an issue where the code is picking up the bonus from the
      ammo in the weapon and adding it to the weapon (and not checking the bonus
      type).

      I think what would be good here is a gameMode tag which tells PCGen if this
      case stacks or not, then no data change would be needed.

      At any rate this looks like a FREQ that will need some code work and some
      thought so I don't see it happening for 5.8. I'll see what Tir has to say
      about it and then probably lower the priority.

      I think we are in no danger of meeting any kittenlings as the problem seems
      to be the opposite of what was indicated.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
        Chris wrote:
        >>You learn something new everyday, I did not know up until I tried it
        >>just now that ammo loaded in a weapon transferred its bonus to the
        >>weapon block, totally cool!
        > One of the things Tir and I came up with that worked out rather well if
        > I do say so myself. :)

        I have just check this with my Arcane Archer and I have lost my +2 from
        the arrows. The Arcane Archer's arrow Enhancement does stack. Can we
        have a /Stackable/ Enhancement for 3.5 for the special cases where they do.

        Regards
        Dave