Re: [pcgen] Re: [BUG] 58rc4 Enchanted ammo not stacking with weapon bonus

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31, 2005
      So when you equip the enchanted arrow to the enchanted bow, the bonuses
      aren't stacking any more?

      Just buying the arrow will NOT up the bonuses, you have to put the
      arrow into the bow...

      Barak

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Éric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
      > At 15:53 2005.03.30, Paul Grosse wrote:
      > >Using 3.0 rules
      > >
      > >I created a +5 light crossbow, and a +5 bolt, added it to the
      > >character's equipment list and unless the preview page isn't showing
      it,
      > >the two bonus's aren't stacking like they should in 3.0.
      > >

      > >> From the RSRD:
      > >> It's an enhancement bonus just like the one granted by a magical
      > weapon. It doesn't stack, sorry.
      > >> Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      >
      > Note the version. 3.0.
      > *NOT* 3.5.
      > *NOT* RSRD.
      >
      > In 3.0 ammo and weapon enhancements stack for both attack and damage.
      >
      > This is a big error to 3.0 players. As a DM of a 3.0 game I'll hear
      > lots of complaints. In stereo. I have two archers in my 3.0 game.
      > Both will have kittens if this doesn't get resolved in RC. While I'm
      > curious what happens when you hybridize kittens and halflings or
      > half-elves, I suspect it would be bad. I shudder to imagine it.
      >
      > Will one of the nice tracker monkeys open a high-priority bug on this
      > please? Before I get to meet a kittenling?
      >
      > -James McP

      > PCGen's FAQ:
      > http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • BryarWolf
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 4 9:26 AM
        Morning all,

        This may seem like a basic question, but I cannot figure out from the
        docs how to select this or if it's being properly created in the
        expected directory.

        I have a Monte Cook Sorceror in a 3E game. I do have the CMP 3E files.
        I am trying to create a pcc that will allow me to load the lst files
        from CMP along with the permissioned files from PCGen release. I have
        created several PCC files, have not found a single place where I can
        select the file I've created and they don't show up in my souce
        selection window.

        Please help.

        Thanks, Michael
      • Paul Grosse
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 5 5:33 AM
          <snip>
          Morning all,

          This may seem like a basic question, but I cannot figure out from the
          docs how to select this or if it's being properly created in the
          expected directory.

          I have a Monte Cook Sorceror in a 3E game. I do have the CMP 3E files.

          I am trying to create a pcc that will allow me to load the lst files
          from CMP along with the permissioned files from PCGen release. I have
          created several PCC files, have not found a single place where I can
          select the file I've created and they don't show up in my souce
          selection window.

          Please help.

          Thanks, Michael
          </snip>

          Michael I put the tracker in for that last night and James fixed it
          already :)

          Look at
          <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=384719&aid=1176582&gr
          oup_id=25576>.

          It might have even made it into the newest RC. Not sure about that. It's
          definitly in the autobuilds.

          Paul G.
        • BryarWolf
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 5 7:04 AM
            Thank you Paul. I finally found the change that had to be made to the
            3e file to let it find the CMP files and include them last night.

            I have a related question. Will Malhavoc be releasing the 3.5e version
            of their Might series of books for inclusion in the 3.5e data sets?

            Michael
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 5 7:13 AM
              > I have a related question. Will Malhavoc be releasing the 3.5e
              > version of their Might series of books for inclusion in the 3.5e data
              > sets?

              I believe the Complete Book of Eldritch Might is all 3 prior books in
              3.5. And I think a data monkey did that set up...could be mistaken on
              either count though.

              Paul W. King
              TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD