Re: [Trackered] [pcgen] Re: [BUG] 58rc4 Enchanted ammo not stacking with weapon bonus

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
      Trackered:
      [ 1174449 ] [SRD] Enchanted ammo not stacking with weapon bonus

      You learn something new everyday, I did not know up until I tried it just
      now that ammo loaded in a weapon transferred its bonus to the weapon block,
      totally cool!

      I think this can be accomplished by modifying the enhancement EQMODs

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
        Check that it's not user error first.. the way the report read they are
        expoect that just buying the arrow and equipping it (not in the bow
        that I could tell...) would boost the bonus...

        Barak

        > Toss it on DM, P8, assign to Eddy for Priority status review. Let's
        start
        > there. I've got a feeling it is Data related.... Once Eddy or I can
        verify
        > that it isn't Data (i.e. that the data is coded for stacking in 3.0)
        then we
        > can move to a Code bug, depending on what we find....
        >
        > Tir Gwaith
        > LST Chimp
        >
        > Will one of the nice tracker monkeys open a high-priority bug on this
        > please? Before I get to meet a kittenling?
        >
        > -James McP

        > PCGen's FAQ:
        > http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Chris
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
          > You learn something new everyday, I did not know up until I tried it
          > just now that ammo loaded in a weapon transferred its bonus to the
          > weapon block, totally cool!

          One of the things Tir and I came up with that worked out rather well if
          I do say so myself. :)

          Barak
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
            On 3/31/05 4:49 PM, "Chris" <barak@...> wrote:

            > Check that it's not user error first.. the way the report read they are
            > expoect that just buying the arrow and equipping it (not in the bow
            > that I could tell...) would boost the bonus...

            Thank heavens for the voice of reason (and caution)

            I just made a plus 5 crossbow and plus 5 bolt in 3.0, I then equipped the
            crossbow and put the bolt in the crossbow, when I output I got +10

            So no problem here, looks like its working, now to check the RSRD.

            Uh oh! That's stacking too.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 31, 2005
              On 3/31/05 4:54 PM, "Chris" <barak@...> wrote:

              >> You learn something new everyday, I did not know up until I tried it
              >> just now that ammo loaded in a weapon transferred its bonus to the
              >> weapon block, totally cool!
              >
              > One of the things Tir and I came up with that worked out rather well if
              > I do say so myself. :)

              Kudo's!

              This may be a code issue, or a combination since Data will need a way to
              turn it on and off. the two bonuses to the weapon and ammo are from the same
              EQMOD and have TYPE=Enhancement so theoretically should not stack, however
              they do, so this is an issue where the code is picking up the bonus from the
              ammo in the weapon and adding it to the weapon (and not checking the bonus
              type).

              I think what would be good here is a gameMode tag which tells PCGen if this
              case stacks or not, then no data change would be needed.

              At any rate this looks like a FREQ that will need some code work and some
              thought so I don't see it happening for 5.8. I'll see what Tir has to say
              about it and then probably lower the priority.

              I think we are in no danger of meeting any kittenlings as the problem seems
              to be the opposite of what was indicated.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1 2:52 AM
                Chris wrote:
                >>You learn something new everyday, I did not know up until I tried it
                >>just now that ammo loaded in a weapon transferred its bonus to the
                >>weapon block, totally cool!
                > One of the things Tir and I came up with that worked out rather well if
                > I do say so myself. :)

                I have just check this with my Arcane Archer and I have lost my +2 from
                the arrows. The Arcane Archer's arrow Enhancement does stack. Can we
                have a /Stackable/ Enhancement for 3.5 for the special cases where they do.

                Regards
                Dave