Re:[TM] [pcgen] Re: [BUG] 58rc4 Enchanted ammo not stacking with weapon bonus

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31 1:25 PM
      Toss it on DM, P8, assign to Eddy for Priority status review. Let's start
      there. I've got a feeling it is Data related.... Once Eddy or I can verify
      that it isn't Data (i.e. that the data is coded for stacking in 3.0) then we
      can move to a Code bug, depending on what we find....

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp

      Will one of the nice tracker monkeys open a high-priority bug on this
      please? Before I get to meet a kittenling?

      -James McP
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 31 1:43 PM
        Trackered:
        [ 1174449 ] [SRD] Enchanted ammo not stacking with weapon bonus

        You learn something new everyday, I did not know up until I tried it just
        now that ammo loaded in a weapon transferred its bonus to the weapon block,
        totally cool!

        I think this can be accomplished by modifying the enhancement EQMODs

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 31 1:49 PM
          Check that it's not user error first.. the way the report read they are
          expoect that just buying the arrow and equipping it (not in the bow
          that I could tell...) would boost the bonus...

          Barak

          > Toss it on DM, P8, assign to Eddy for Priority status review. Let's
          start
          > there. I've got a feeling it is Data related.... Once Eddy or I can
          verify
          > that it isn't Data (i.e. that the data is coded for stacking in 3.0)
          then we
          > can move to a Code bug, depending on what we find....
          >
          > Tir Gwaith
          > LST Chimp
          >
          > Will one of the nice tracker monkeys open a high-priority bug on this
          > please? Before I get to meet a kittenling?
          >
          > -James McP

          > PCGen's FAQ:
          > http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Chris
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 31 1:54 PM
            > You learn something new everyday, I did not know up until I tried it
            > just now that ammo loaded in a weapon transferred its bonus to the
            > weapon block, totally cool!

            One of the things Tir and I came up with that worked out rather well if
            I do say so myself. :)

            Barak
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 31 1:56 PM
              On 3/31/05 4:49 PM, "Chris" <barak@...> wrote:

              > Check that it's not user error first.. the way the report read they are
              > expoect that just buying the arrow and equipping it (not in the bow
              > that I could tell...) would boost the bonus...

              Thank heavens for the voice of reason (and caution)

              I just made a plus 5 crossbow and plus 5 bolt in 3.0, I then equipped the
              crossbow and put the bolt in the crossbow, when I output I got +10

              So no problem here, looks like its working, now to check the RSRD.

              Uh oh! That's stacking too.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Content Silverback
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 31 2:14 PM
                On 3/31/05 4:54 PM, "Chris" <barak@...> wrote:

                >> You learn something new everyday, I did not know up until I tried it
                >> just now that ammo loaded in a weapon transferred its bonus to the
                >> weapon block, totally cool!
                >
                > One of the things Tir and I came up with that worked out rather well if
                > I do say so myself. :)

                Kudo's!

                This may be a code issue, or a combination since Data will need a way to
                turn it on and off. the two bonuses to the weapon and ammo are from the same
                EQMOD and have TYPE=Enhancement so theoretically should not stack, however
                they do, so this is an issue where the code is picking up the bonus from the
                ammo in the weapon and adding it to the weapon (and not checking the bonus
                type).

                I think what would be good here is a gameMode tag which tells PCGen if this
                case stacks or not, then no data change would be needed.

                At any rate this looks like a FREQ that will need some code work and some
                thought so I don't see it happening for 5.8. I'll see what Tir has to say
                about it and then probably lower the priority.

                I think we are in no danger of meeting any kittenlings as the problem seems
                to be the opposite of what was indicated.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                ~ PCGen Content Silverback
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1, 2005
                  Chris wrote:
                  >>You learn something new everyday, I did not know up until I tried it
                  >>just now that ammo loaded in a weapon transferred its bonus to the
                  >>weapon block, totally cool!
                  > One of the things Tir and I came up with that worked out rather well if
                  > I do say so myself. :)

                  I have just check this with my Arcane Archer and I have lost my +2 from
                  the arrows. The Arcane Archer's arrow Enhancement does stack. Can we
                  have a /Stackable/ Enhancement for 3.5 for the special cases where they do.

                  Regards
                  Dave