Re: [BUG] 58rc4 Enchanted ammo not stacking with weapon bonus

  • kigmatzomat
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 31, 2005
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Éric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
      At 15:53 2005.03.30, Paul Grosse wrote:
      >Using 3.0 rules
      >
      >I created a +5 light crossbow, and a +5 bolt, added it to the
      >character's equipment list and unless the preview page isn't showing it,
      >the two bonus's aren't stacking like they should in 3.0.
      >

      >> From the RSRD:
      >> It's an enhancement bonus just like the one granted by a magical
      weapon. It doesn't stack, sorry.
      >> Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin

      Note the version. 3.0.
      *NOT* 3.5.
      *NOT* RSRD.

      In 3.0 ammo and weapon enhancements stack for both attack and damage.

      This is a big error to 3.0 players. As a DM of a 3.0 game I'll hear
      lots of complaints. In stereo. I have two archers in my 3.0 game.
      Both will have kittens if this doesn't get resolved in RC. While I'm
      curious what happens when you hybridize kittens and halflings or
      half-elves, I suspect it would be bad. I shudder to imagine it.

      Will one of the nice tracker monkeys open a high-priority bug on this
      please? Before I get to meet a kittenling?

      -James McP
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 31, 2005
        So when you equip the enchanted arrow to the enchanted bow, the bonuses
        aren't stacking any more?

        Just buying the arrow will NOT up the bonuses, you have to put the
        arrow into the bow...

        Barak

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Éric Beaudoin <beaudoer@v...> wrote:
        > At 15:53 2005.03.30, Paul Grosse wrote:
        > >Using 3.0 rules
        > >
        > >I created a +5 light crossbow, and a +5 bolt, added it to the
        > >character's equipment list and unless the preview page isn't showing
        it,
        > >the two bonus's aren't stacking like they should in 3.0.
        > >

        > >> From the RSRD:
        > >> It's an enhancement bonus just like the one granted by a magical
        > weapon. It doesn't stack, sorry.
        > >> Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
        >
        > Note the version. 3.0.
        > *NOT* 3.5.
        > *NOT* RSRD.
        >
        > In 3.0 ammo and weapon enhancements stack for both attack and damage.
        >
        > This is a big error to 3.0 players. As a DM of a 3.0 game I'll hear
        > lots of complaints. In stereo. I have two archers in my 3.0 game.
        > Both will have kittens if this doesn't get resolved in RC. While I'm
        > curious what happens when you hybridize kittens and halflings or
        > half-elves, I suspect it would be bad. I shudder to imagine it.
        >
        > Will one of the nice tracker monkeys open a high-priority bug on this
        > please? Before I get to meet a kittenling?
        >
        > -James McP

        > PCGen's FAQ:
        > http://www.evilsoft.org/pcgen/docs/
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • BryarWolf
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 4, 2005
          Morning all,

          This may seem like a basic question, but I cannot figure out from the
          docs how to select this or if it's being properly created in the
          expected directory.

          I have a Monte Cook Sorceror in a 3E game. I do have the CMP 3E files.
          I am trying to create a pcc that will allow me to load the lst files
          from CMP along with the permissioned files from PCGen release. I have
          created several PCC files, have not found a single place where I can
          select the file I've created and they don't show up in my souce
          selection window.

          Please help.

          Thanks, Michael
        • Paul Grosse
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 5, 2005
            <snip>
            Morning all,

            This may seem like a basic question, but I cannot figure out from the
            docs how to select this or if it's being properly created in the
            expected directory.

            I have a Monte Cook Sorceror in a 3E game. I do have the CMP 3E files.

            I am trying to create a pcc that will allow me to load the lst files
            from CMP along with the permissioned files from PCGen release. I have
            created several PCC files, have not found a single place where I can
            select the file I've created and they don't show up in my souce
            selection window.

            Please help.

            Thanks, Michael
            </snip>

            Michael I put the tracker in for that last night and James fixed it
            already :)

            Look at
            <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=384719&aid=1176582&gr
            oup_id=25576>.

            It might have even made it into the newest RC. Not sure about that. It's
            definitly in the autobuilds.

            Paul G.
          • BryarWolf
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 5, 2005
              Thank you Paul. I finally found the change that had to be made to the
              3e file to let it find the CMP files and include them last night.

              I have a related question. Will Malhavoc be releasing the 3.5e version
              of their Might series of books for inclusion in the 3.5e data sets?

              Michael
            • Paul W. King
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 5, 2005
                > I have a related question. Will Malhavoc be releasing the 3.5e
                > version of their Might series of books for inclusion in the 3.5e data
                > sets?

                I believe the Complete Book of Eldritch Might is all 3 prior books in
                3.5. And I think a data monkey did that set up...could be mistaken on
                either count though.

                Paul W. King
                TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD