Re: [pcgen] Re: Printing Charaacter Sheets

  • Kenneth Skaar
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31 7:43 AM
      Well, finally figured why the problem didnt show up with java 1.4. Seems
      that java 1.4.2 ships with an older version of xalan(2.4.1), while java
      1.5 doesnt ship with any(so pcgen uses 2.5.2). The older version didnt
      really support the attribute in question, and silently ignored it, while
      the new version supports it and therefore choked when there was a
      syntax error om the attribute value.

      If you really want to use xalan 2.5.2 for pcgen,even with java 1.4.2, one
      option is to change the startupscripts to use
      -Xbootclasspath/p:lib/xalan-2.5.2.jar

      Im sure the OS monkeys would be happy to use a more recent XSLT
      processor:-)

      Kenneth SKaar

      On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Kenneth Skaar wrote:

      > Yes,
      >
      > it was actually a "bug" in the xml. The comma's are not allowed there
      > in the first place. Funny thing is that it didnt choke in java 1.4.x.
      > However, looking at the code for the xslt parser pcgen uses(xalan), it
      > did throw an exception. Its just that for some reason, under java 1.4.2,
      > it must have gotten caught somewhere. This is still kind of a mystery to
      > me:-)
      >
      > Kennet Skaar
      >
      > On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Paul W. King wrote:
      >

      >>> Until the next RC comes out, you can fix this your self with two
      >>> simple edits. Open
      >>> outputsheets/d20/fantasy/pdf/fantasy_master_std.xslt and go to line
      >>> 9. You'll see exclude-result-prefixes followed by something in