Re: Showing prepared spells in statblock

  • monch9ph
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2005
      In theory, I think you can just create another spellbook named
      memorized. And this is where you'll put the memorized set. Don't know
      how it'll look in the OS though. This way, you'll have redundant
      spells in 2 books.

      Monch

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Sergio Bruno Fedi de Oro" <sfedi@y...>
      wrote:
      > > > Is there any way to show prepared spells in the stat blocks?
      > > > Like the ones that appear in modules?
      > >
      > > Sure it's possible. Currently the stat blocks show all the spells in
      > > the character's "spellbooks". There is not at this point any tags in
      > > the OS that show the "memorized" spells, and then the "non-
      memorized"
      > > spells. I'm assuming that's what you're asking for?
      >
      > Right.
      >
      > Note: prepared (D&D 3.X) = memorized (AD&D)
      >
      > So I guess I can't tell PCGEn which spells are in the spellbook and
      which are prepared.

      > That's useful for NPCs (and sometimes for PCs :)
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2005
        > In theory, I think you can just create another spellbook named
        > memorized. And this is where you'll put the memorized set. Don't
        > know how it'll look in the OS though. This way, you'll have
        > redundant spells in 2 books.

        That's how I've done it. It shows your Memorized spell book at the
        bottom of the spells known listing. Also, when you add to your
        Memorized book, you can place multiple spells in there to denote, say,
        knowing magic missle twice. Spells have a check box next to them to
        show how many times you've memorized the spell.

        Paul W. King
        TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD