Re: [pcgen] Re: Showing prepared spells in statblock

  • Sergio Bruno Fedi de Oro
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2005
      > > Is there any way to show prepared spells in the stat blocks?
      > > Like the ones that appear in modules?
      >
      > Sure it's possible. Currently the stat blocks show all the spells in
      > the character's "spellbooks". There is not at this point any tags in
      > the OS that show the "memorized" spells, and then the "non-memorized"
      > spells. I'm assuming that's what you're asking for?

      Right.

      Note: prepared (D&D 3.X) = memorized (AD&D)

      So I guess I can't tell PCGEn which spells are in the spellbook and which are prepared.

      That's useful for NPCs (and sometimes for PCs :)
    • monch9ph
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2005
        In theory, I think you can just create another spellbook named
        memorized. And this is where you'll put the memorized set. Don't know
        how it'll look in the OS though. This way, you'll have redundant
        spells in 2 books.

        Monch

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Sergio Bruno Fedi de Oro" <sfedi@y...>
        wrote:
        > > > Is there any way to show prepared spells in the stat blocks?
        > > > Like the ones that appear in modules?
        > >
        > > Sure it's possible. Currently the stat blocks show all the spells in
        > > the character's "spellbooks". There is not at this point any tags in
        > > the OS that show the "memorized" spells, and then the "non-
        memorized"
        > > spells. I'm assuming that's what you're asking for?
        >
        > Right.
        >
        > Note: prepared (D&D 3.X) = memorized (AD&D)
        >
        > So I guess I can't tell PCGEn which spells are in the spellbook and
        which are prepared.

        > That's useful for NPCs (and sometimes for PCs :)
      • Paul W. King
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2005
          > In theory, I think you can just create another spellbook named
          > memorized. And this is where you'll put the memorized set. Don't
          > know how it'll look in the OS though. This way, you'll have
          > redundant spells in 2 books.

          That's how I've done it. It shows your Memorized spell book at the
          bottom of the spells known listing. Also, when you add to your
          Memorized book, you can place multiple spells in there to denote, say,
          knowing magic missle twice. Spells have a check box next to them to
          show how many times you've memorized the spell.

          Paul W. King
          TM SB, OGL/PL Chimp, Data Gibbon, BoD